Boats Twin 70mm 50A ESC What sort of battery can I put in this thing to maximize its power

Matt Yee Van

Hey everyone, I just got referred to this site from Youtube. Well to be more exact Tony sent me this way.

I just picked up an EDF from BananaHobby (BananaHobby - 8 CH 2.4GHz BlitzRCWorks Russian Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut V2 3D Vector Thrust Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric Ducted Fan RC Fighter Jet ( ARF )). I purchased it without a battery, since it was
quite expensive on its own. I intend on purchasing the battery and charger one at a time over a few months.

So its about time I buy the battery, so I was wondering which battery would do best in my set up.

Heres what the EDF comes with:

ESC: 2x 50A Brushless speed controller

Heres what they recommend for a battery:

Battery: 22.2V 6S 3600mAh 25C Li-Polymer

From reading into forums, I've noticed that battery they recommend may be under powering the jet.

What sort of battery pack would you recommend for my jet?

Cheers
Matt Saba

Tony

Staff member
Re: Twin 70mm 50A ESC What sort of battery can I put in this thing to maximize its p

That is a really good looking jet there Matt, I like it, a lot lol. But what you read is correct. That battery will only withstand a draw of 90 amps max (3600x25/1000=90). I did find a 3800 but it was only 5 amps higher. It will give it more leeway and feel like more power if it's being choked down. If you want to look at it, CLICK HERE. Being in Canada, I'm not sure where you want to order from, so I won't want to post a lot of links to a place you don't want to order from. Just let me know and I can help you out more.

Anytime you are going with a 6s battery, you are going to have to pay for it. I had to purchase two 3000mah 6s batteries, and about swallowed my tongue lmao. If you can find it, get a battery with the highest C rating you can get, but stay with what they suggest for weight sake. the one linked to above will be a little heavier and make it nose heavy. I still need to watch the video, but I may be able to say something extra after I watch it.

Matt Yee Van

Re: Twin 70mm 50A ESC What sort of battery can I put in this thing to maximize its p

Thanks Tony, it sure does look damn good on my dining table.

The link to the GensAce you sent me is the sort of battery I was thinking of purchasing.

Check this one out BananaHobby - Genesis Power 22.2V 4000mAh 55C Lithium Polymer LiPo Battery
itsa 4000mah 55C battery. That should do the trick right?

4000x55/1000=220.

Each one of those motors draws 50A, thats 100A total. So from what I understand I'll have 120A excess for any sort of bursts and such?

Also should I worry about the brand of battery? I've never heard of BananaHobbies Genesis Power battery pack. And I've only heard good things about
the GensAce pack.

by the way, it wont matter that I'm in Canada, I don't mind paying a bit more for the shipping, especially if its a battery thats well recommended :)

That is a really good looking jet there Matt, I like it, a lot lol. But what you read is correct. That battery will only withstand a draw of 90 amps max (3600x25/1000=90). I did find a 3800 but it was only 5 amps higher. It will give it more leeway and feel like more power if it's being choked down. If you want to look at it, CLICK HERE. Being in Canada, I'm not sure where you want to order from, so I won't want to post a lot of links to a place you don't want to order from. Just let me know and I can help you out more.

Anytime you are going with a 6s battery, you are going to have to pay for it. I had to purchase two 3000mah 6s batteries, and about swallowed my tongue lmao. If you can find it, get a battery with the highest C rating you can get, but stay with what they suggest for weight sake. the one linked to above will be a little heavier and make it nose heavy. I still need to watch the video, but I may be able to say something extra after I watch it.

Tony

Staff member

I should have watched the video first lol. They are running a 4000mah 6s 25c battery. That would put out a draw rate of 100 amps. The battery you posted would be more than enough, and would handle anything that plane can throw at it. And at $92 you are paying for that safety cushion lol.

Matt Yee Van

Great,

appreciate all the info, now I just have one more questions.

I'm thinking of picking up this battery Gens Ace iMars 50W 1-6S Smart LiPo/LiFe/NiMH/NiCD Battery Charger/Balancer

Its a GensAce Balance charger. Its only $39 and seems like the way to go since they make some of the best battery packs. Do you have any alternatives to this one that I should consider?

Cheers
Matt

Tony

Staff member

Matt, I have wanted to get that charger for a while now, but they are always out of stock. If you are going to be charging a 6s battery, get the 100w version, and get a power supply that will handle the load. But, the size is the reason I would want to get it. I have the skycharger B6AC and love it. the actual program in mine and that one is exactly the same, it's just this one doesn't have an internal power supply.

Tony

Staff member

I just searched their site, and I guess they don't have the 100w version anymore. that sucks.

Top Bottom