450 Up date on my latest creation

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Hi everyone and hope you are well. Just wanted to bring you up to date on my S64 Sky Crane Helicopter. As mention before I'm always up to a challenge, while surfing the internet came across this video. After studying this decided that is exactly what I wanted. This one is gas powered with a fly bar setup. Mine will be electric with a ZYX S2 FBL system with a 5 blade main rotor head and 4 blade tail rotor. It will be built similar to this one. I'll be using 1/16 2'x4' ply wood to cut out the sections. Since have already draw scale plans for a 450, the fuselage will be 33" long, 12" high , fuselage width 4" at it's widest part. This not including the landing gear supports off the body (4") that hold the wheels/struts. The inside measurements are 12" between the rear wheels. 1/2 " rubber wheels should do nicely. I'll use the enclose photo as a guide in building mine, a lot of measuring twice and cutting once and a lot of small flat head screws:peaceful:. Yes she'll be a beast, but with a multi blade setup should do the trick. With it's weight and size looking at a TC of 100% max, PC of -3 to +10. The width and weight alone should keep this heli pretty stable. :beerchug: Hope to have it's maiden flight in the fall.:banana:

Attachments

• Resized_20220401_122903 (1).jpeg
    Resized_20220401_122903 (1).jpeg
    602.1 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom