Motors 2204 2300kv motor issue?

markblue777

Hi All,
I ordered some rockstar race motors 2204 2300kv off of banggood and have only just got a chance to test them.

I have a video of the issue

in the video it can be seen that when I put the throttle fully on the motor does not kick in correctly and if i take the throttle off and back on it runs ok. It does not do it constantly and sometimes it runs ok. It seems it has issues with the initial start every now and then.

I tried 2 of the 4 motors I got an they are both acting the same (one worse than the other). I tried on a couple different escs and they act the same.

If i test them on a servo tester they seem to spin ok though so it is throwing me a bit.

any thoughts people?

Cheers
Mark

Tony

Staff member
If it works on a servo tester, but not on your receiver, I would try another Rx and see what happens. All a servo tester does is tell something where to go in microseconds (μs). Your receiver may not be telling it clearly where to go.

Derek also has a great idea above. Try to calibrate your ESC and see what that does.

markblue777

Hi Both,
I will give calibrating the esc another go and then I will try another receiver and see if i have any joy with that. Thanks for the suggestions, I will let you know what I find out.
Thanks
Mark

tntpoof

i dont think calibration will fix this..i have read in other forums those motors are hit n miss.some good others have issues.. you said you ordered some .do all motor do this? id try different calibration attempts .if possible set a 1 or 2 on endpoints then try to re-calibrate might work..

Top Bottom