Quad 250g my butt

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
They have all these quads that has to be 250g and under to fly legally. Well I put together a 5" quad that weights under 250g. Which is fine but with the batteries I'm using, I'm shy of 400g. So I started to look around and found out that these quads even with 650mAh recommended batteries can't get under 250g. The companies even state that. Yes I can go with a smaller size quad to meet the requirement but screw that. I like the 5" for stability for filming. Here's my new build without props IMG_1699.JPG plus battery and action camera IMG_1702.JPG All I have to say that if anyone gives me a hard time about the weight...they can kiss my Gluteus Maximus :spankme:

Blade 400

They have all these quads that has to be 250g and under to fly legally. Well I put together a 5" quad that weights under 250g. Which is fine but with the batteries I'm using, I'm shy of 400g. So I started to look around and found out that these quads even with 650mAh recommended batteries can't get under 250g. The companies even state that. Yes I can go with a smaller size quad to meet the requirement but screw that. I like the 5" for stability for filming. Here's my new build without props View attachment 23952 plus battery and action camera View attachment 23951 All I have to say that if anyone gives me a hard time about the weight...they can kiss my Gluteus Maximus :spankme:
Nice quads DOG, I enjoyed your flight through the forest :thumbsup: I picked up this cheap drone on e-bay recently. It`s good fun and helps with nose in practise too

Attachments

• Hubsan.jpg
    Hubsan.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 0

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I thank you much for the kind words :). Yes I do like zipping through the woods. It's all good till one of the trees decide to get in my way :sad0147: lol. I've heard the Hubsan is a nice learning quad. Enjoy.

Top Bottom