Servos 35kg torque at 1 inch

Burnheart

Thanks again for responding! I did just what you suggested and found the same results. I’m having trouble understanding exactly what 486 oz-in means in cable pulling power of my 35kg servo horn one inch from center of rotation. That I what I’m trying to accomplish. Sounds like a lot of pulling power…486! No?

RandyDSok

I can only relate the amount to stuff relative to what I commonly used... For instance on my 58" airplanes... they commonly recommended a servo that has around 42 oz-in of torque .... but as to what that actually means in pulling power, I didn't need to learn that... I just needed to know it fit the recommended specs for the airplane I was putting together. I didn't need to know how much pull it had, just that it was enough for my needs.

The only way I know to find out if something is enough or not... is through experimentation. I'm certainly not sure if the rotational torque is direct or otherwise proportional to linear pull or not. So testing is in order. Measure how much force you need to pull on whatever you need pulled using a force gauge... then test to see if the servo is able to provide that by again, measuring that amount using a force gauge. I'd assume you can convert between oz's and lbs by dividing by 16 ( or multiply if going the other direction )... if you need to convert it further.

RandyDSok

I doubt you need anything very accurate... something like a digital fish scales would likely be fine. I'd probably look for something with various scales so you can weigh light, medium to heavy stuff so you can weigh other stuff also.

Burnheart

Everything is hooked up and no servo action!! Whaddya think?

Attachments

• B802BB6B-CF5A-4097-A61C-3C4DB6DEA07D.jpeg
    B802BB6B-CF5A-4097-A61C-3C4DB6DEA07D.jpeg
    372.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 6E5E57A8-A5E7-43C4-8F46-7E17902079C4.jpeg
    6E5E57A8-A5E7-43C4-8F46-7E17902079C4.jpeg
    598.6 KB · Views: 6

RandyDSok

Not even going to guess about a no-name rc transmitter and receiver ...

I will say that the transmitter and receiver must be compatible with each other and bound to each other. If they are, use the other servo that came with them as a set, to check that the channel is actually working... then make sure the wiring on the bigger servo is wired the same as the original servo.

To break that down.... compatible tx and rx and they are bound together... the servo's wiring ( is two power leads and the signal lead ) are wired the same.

Top Bottom