450 450 Clone Sport V2

LooseNut

I've been tinkering away for a few weeks putting together and upgrading a 450 Sport Clone that I picked up for my brother. I think I may have been ahead to just started from scratch with a 450 Pro frame.
I made some stiffeners for the frame where the rear servo holes are and a platform with eyelets for the Satellite Antennas so it has a nice dipole. It was upgraded to a Tarot FBL head and the Tail drive alum unit to take the place of the loosey goosey plastic unit. Has the Ikon 2 and using EMax ES9256 cyclic servos with an Align DS455M tail servo.
I put a generic 500 size skid set I had on it for a little more ground clearance and width. I made the tubes since they were missing. Just a little extra safety for a learning pilot.
New blades arrived this week, so I'll get them balanced and on this weekend. As long as we have good weather I get a couple test flights on it.
Putting a picture of the Satellite mount and frame stiffeners. They are printed with the Proto-pasta HTPLA CF filament. Nice stuff. You can post process heat treat at 230f (110c)

Attachments

• 20220728_230150 1.jpg
    20220728_230150 1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11

Tony

Staff member
I have had a couple of these kits, and they are pretty good. I have a brand new one hanging on the wall that replaced my severely abused SE V2.

LooseNut

I picked up a couple the were well used and started setting one up for my brother. One had a crack at the servo hole in the frame, so after replacing the frame section I made up the stiffeners. I also picked up a bare frame for $40, so he has a spare for parts, or another Heli.
I sent him a Nano 70 to get some stick time. Also bought him a 230s, RF 9, and sent him a DX6i to get him going, so this will be a step up.

Top Bottom