450 pro DFC and kBar

Slobberdog

Got a chance to have a couple of batteries in the girl, got the basic setup done in the hall and it felt nice, got it out in the air and felt good but does need a bit of fine tuning,

Have a bit of cyclic wobble but the whole heli feels locked in solid, tail feels wicked and has great stopping out of quick piros yet is nice and soft around centre,

Set the software up with 25% expo and have 20% in my tx, as have been told having both expos is fine, and the heli is not quite as responsive as I would like but is great feeling as it don't tip into trouble quick, also turned the agility down a bit from stock and this has helped giving the heli a nice fluid feel,

Tail was setup as stock but for a small tweak on the gain, and it feels great, piro rates are brill both ways and when you give it some the tail moves quick, plus there was zero movement or kick on climb outs, compared to the 3gx it is so much more predictable in piros and climb out,

2 batteries in and my thoughts,

Set up wizzard and software is a doddle,
Basic settings are pretty good
Needs a bit of fine tuning but out of the box excellent
Stable and docile if you want it that way,

All in all I would recommend this unit for anyone from beginner to expert, it's tuneable for all, and with a bluetooth dongle (which mine is on the way) very tuneable at the field,

And here is the punch line, it's better than the Beastx but not sure about the Ikon, it's to close to call!

Graham Lawrie

Good to hear Kev:) it must bee good if its better than the BX:) I cant see past the MSH Brain it is solid and my best gyro, does what it says on the tin:)

Slobberdog

Yeah Graham I hear you, but the kBar is so solid out of the tin, I could not believe it, my 450 feels like my 500, although my 250 with the beastx feels like a bigger bird,

I wish I knew you wanted a Bluetooth module, I could have sent you one. I've loads here as I use them for work too..

Nice to hear it's going good though.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, yes mines on the slow boat from Outer Mongolia well you get the drift,

Yes heli was good, flew very well but my nerves were like on edge, and heart was pounding, as first real flight since she went in, oh and did I mention - I HATE CRASHING......

Thanks Tony, yes mines on the slow boat from Outer Mongolia well you get the drift,

Yes heli was good, flew very well but my nerves were like on edge, and heart was pounding, as first real flight since she went in, oh and did I mention - I HATE CRASHING......

Pain in the butt when your waiting for stuff, pm me your addy and I'll send one out today, you will get it tomorrow if you wish mate. I know the feeling about flying after a crash... My legs usually shake like mad...lol, but it's all good fun. What else makes you feel like that....

Here it is

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

not jelly legs but heart felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest, rebuilt heli and new fbl and I was nervous to say the least.

Slobberdog

Two more batteries tonight, and a bit of fbl tweaking thanks to Tony for the bluetooth,

I have to say the kbar is just solid as a rock, hands off stable and in a reasonable breeze as well,

if I had 3gx's on my other birds I would be ripping them off and swapping them for kbar units without a second thought, guys it's easy to set up and just works.

Slobberdog

absolutely tony, got the cables all in the right place then super glued the connectors together, plug in one instead of 4,

yes have to admit this heli feels the business now, well worth the effort,

be nice to see how the gpro feels as a comparison, seen as they are basically a vbar copy as well, but to many people having issues with the thing, my question would be if a Chinese company can clone it perfectly how cant align do a proper job,

I think aligns hardware is first class from what I have of there products. But there not so hot on the electronics side of things, maybe they don't have the expertise the Chinese/Japanese have. I've heard a lot of bad stories about aligns electronic devices

Slobberdog

Well it looks like it's going to a new owner after all,

He will enjoy this heli it's set up perfect now, hopefully he will have a good experience with it,

Mmmh what next me wonders

Top Bottom