500 Pro DFC maiden with Ikon

Slobberdog

Why did I let myself be dragged down a road by other people and why did I buy this Ikon,

Well the simple answer was to get the 3gx off my heli,

Set up was a bit confusing well I got confused cos the setup is all done with the ikon in mind and I did not get the tx setup well firstly until the penny dropped anyway, then it was not bad, considering this is my first foray away from the 3gx I was surprised with the way things were done. There was some sticky points but advice off you guys helped loads,

Well I got it finished early tonight and waited for my wife to finish work so I could pop out for a go, took it to the local car park I use and got it in the air,

TBH I did not know what to expect, and after the first minute I came to the conclusion I don't like it, I love it, bare in mind I have only set this up in basic mode, selected beginner in the flight mode and away to go,

Darn this thing feels connected, it's solid in the air and controls feel nice crisp and direct, it has transformed the feel of my 500 with out a doubt,

But don't get to excited folks I do need to work with it a bit, but only on the tail, the recommended tail gain I feel is to much, even on my lower setting of 40% in idle up I get a bit of wag after a tail move and the tail feels agitated for want of a better description! and I am getting a bit of a kick on climb out, so I think a bit of precomp is needed,

But hell if that's all I can complain about on the first try then I think I'm in for some good times, will dial things in when I get my bluetooth module back,

Oh and just realised I have gone from 30% expo to zero expo! and I did not even worry about it when flying hell I did not even think about it till now while typing this,

Just that one thing in the back of my head now, why did I not get one sooner..............

Ramble over,

Lee

Awesome mate,
The Expo is done in the flight mode. So Beginner will have a lot of Expo.
The tail gains, I have found to be way too high in both my helis at stock setting.
So are we going to see all those 3GXs going on ebay??

Slobberdog

Nope, it's going in the heli box and sitting there until I sell the bird then it will go back on it,

The 250 feels wicked with the 3gx so it's keeping it, to much hard work to try and fit the ikon on the 250 anyway it's to wide,

Dirk

Welcome to the magical world of Ikon Kev. I absolutely love this thing. It was my go-to choice for my new 700.

Top Bottom