600 510kv L1227 vs 510kv C1229

dazacx2

Hello all,
Does anyone know what the difference is in the number on the top of the Align heli motors?
I have 2 motors with a different number L1227 and C1229 both are a RCM-BL600MX 510KV.
I am about to swap out the C1229 on a 600 size heli and want to ensure they are the same.
Darren

RandyDSok

That would be something to ask Align directly about... or perhaps compare the manual for each one for differences. It is unlikely to be common information known outside of the company itself.

Typical motor numbers ( by other companies ) are also not standardized but they do tend to go by one of two methods. The most common I see is the first four numbers are related to either the size of the outer can... or the secondary method is the size of the stator inside of the can. With the final numbers being what kv it is rated at. The question ( related to your question ) is the alpha+4 numbers that you listed, are they related to the two methods I mentioned for can or stator size... or are they unrelated and simply a revision number of some sort.

Top Bottom