Trucks A message to Tony

Ronaldshirk

Hi Tony where you been at? No YouTube videos on the ole t-maxx anymore? Hope you are doing great. I got my t-maxx 2.5 running again I bought a trx 3.3 engine and broke it in 5th tank striped out the 72 tooth spur gear i was so mad must of not set gear mesh right and broke alot other transmission gears too and went back to my old 2.5 engine swapped out the carburetor from the 3.3 and shes runs great i been tuning it. PS dont run the 3.3 engine in t-maxx 2.5 it is made for the t-maxx 3.3 and if you are be prepared to spend alot of money lol. wasted $219 on that engine kinda mad about that too. And i still alot of compression in the 8 years old 2.5 engine all it needed was a new carburetor.

Hi Tony where you been at? No YouTube videos on the ole t-maxx anymore? Hope you are doing great. I got my t-maxx 2.5 running again I bought a trx 3.3 engine and broke it in 5th tank striped out the 72 tooth spur gear i was so mad must of not set gear mesh right and broke alot other transmission gears too and went back to my old 2.5 engine swapped out the carburetor from the 3.3 and shes runs great i been tuning it. PS dont run the 3.3 engine in t-maxx 2.5 it is made for the t-maxx 3.3 and if you are be prepared to spend alot of money lol. wasted $219 on that engine kinda mad about that too. And i still alot of compression in the 8 years old 2.5 engine all it needed was a new carburetor.
was it black transmission

Ronaldshirk

Oh need help im sorry Brandon Parker 4 turns out from all the way in on high speed needle and low speed needle flush in the inside part for the screw not the big but small opening maybe that should help

Tony

Staff member
Hey Ronald, yea it's been a while since I posted anything on the T-Maxx, but it is still sitting here just as it was when I completed the last video, with the exception that I did try to take it outside with very little time available and could not get it to run right. Again, not much time. Then, started a new job, got super busy and it has only gotten busier since then. I look at the T-Maxx every day when I walk into my office, because it is on the second shelf right inside the door. One of these days!

As for your T-Maxx, if you want to run the 3.3, back your slipper off. It is there so that you don't damage other parts. Granted, on a 3.3, you are going to be losing a LOT of power doing this, but at least you can run your 3.3. Or, upgrade to the 3.3 trans, shafts and gears.

Good to see you around again!

Ronaldshirk

I didnt know i can upgrade the 3.3 trans and 3.3 shafts on my old t-maxx 2.5. the t-maxx 3.3 has longer chassis. Mine has the smaller chassis.

Tony

Staff member
May be some modifying that is required. Full disclosure, I have not researched this at all, so I'm not sure about shaft lengths, bolt hole patterns or anything like that. My apologies. Should have stated that before.

Top Bottom