Advice for hovering in phoenix

les51

Hi all.
:newbie:I am just starting out in the RC world I have the Phoenix simulator V5 to practice on using my Spektrum DX6i, I am getting on quite well flying planes but I am having problems with helis I know Helis are difficult to fly so I have watched the training video and tutorials, and I am using the practice section in Phoenix but I am struggling on hovering I am quite sure it is mostly my inexperience but I am wondering if I might need to make some adjustments to my TX to help me, when I watch the video there appears to be very little movement on the controls of the TX in the video to control the heli, when I try the heli starts to drift as soon as it lifts off I try to stop the drift but even the slightest movement sends the heli off and when I try to correct it seems to over do it which results in a crash. I have been searching for any posts on here that may advise me on settings for the TX or within Phoenix itself but I have had no real luck so I thought I would ask directly. Any advice would be gratefully received I am very new to all this so could any help be the special needs version.
Thanks for looking
Les
I am not sure if I have posted in the best place, if not please let me know where it should be and I will re post.

Slobberdog

Hi Les, first select yourself one of the bigger helis like a whiplash 90 or Trex 700 then in settings you will need to adjust it for a beginner, add expo to about 40%, not sure on V5 how you do it now, only used it once myself and not adjusted any settings

but pick the larger helis as they are normally more stable and you will have a bit better chance with them, stick with either electric or nitro menus as well,

Stambo

I have a slightly different take on this.
I would suggest leaving the default settings in Phoenix.
Then use your TX settings to dial in some DR and EXPO.
This has the effect of teaching you to use your TX to change these.
Use 2 different models in your TX, one for planes and another for heli's.
Definitely use a larger heli for a start and maybe learn to set up throttle and pitch curves in your TX.

Just my opinion for what it's worth. :)

LT MOORE

I'm glad too see I'm not the only one with the exact same problem, right stick is super sensitive amble put the helicopter and instant crash, going to take advice from fellow members and pray that it helps!

bbj

As above I set up a model that I use just for the Phoenix. In my DX9 I then set up my throttle curves in N,1,2 and did the same for my pitch curves. I am using the same curves I am using for my trex 500. It seems to work nicely for both hover and flying. I also pick the larger heli as my practice heli such as the align 700. The nitros are nice if your having issues seeing orientation because you can see the exhaust and use that to orient to. Just make sure you have your tx set to start on the model you would use while in Phoenix thus when you plug in your cord it will turn that model on.

Top Bottom