General After Crash Repair, Motor Pulsing

BigT87

I bought an align Trex 300x just before Christmas and have been doing some great flying. Just over a week ago I was practicing inverted flight and crashed from about 3' off the ground. (lost orientation) I repaired all the mechanical aspects of the the heli, but when I went to test fly last night, the helicopter won't hold stable and the throttle pulses down randomly. I don't know if the mini flybarless controller is damaged or what it could be. Align's troubleshooting doesn't have any resolve for this. Any ideas would be great.

Admiral

Before I bought a new FC i would check the battery, check the gear mesh for tightness or binding, check all the plugs & connectors, remove the blades and run it up with no load and see if it still does it. Over the years I've spent too much on parts i didn't need because I've mis-diagnosed a problem.

BigT87

So not good news. Everything checked out without load. Recharged battery, grs light was green for heading hold. Got everything back on, went into backyard for low flight, picked up straight, then all of the sudden heli yawed left quickly and impacted. Gotta get the main rotor parts ordered again, went through what I had. So somethings off with tail correction. I’m stumped.

BigT87

So, final question. Got everything repaired, checked tail correction and it is now correct. Before flight, is there any other checks I should run through? I'm down due to weather so I won't be out for another 2 weeks, after the snow clears we're going to have 20mph wind so it's a no go. But just want to see of any other recommended checks before going out. the run up in the backyard with the corrected tail correction seemed okay, but I am questioning my blade pitch and overall gyro stability. I have a pitch gauge on the way, as the other one is busted. the MiniGRS is saying all good, but don't need to bugger up anything else.

Smoggie

After any work on the heli I always check for correct response to stick movement and gyro correction works in the right direction, not just on the tail but on the cyclic as well.

Top Bottom