Scale Agusta A109

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the conformation on the servo placement.

I just had an idea, and I think it will work. I have a set of allen drivers that I can remove the tips. I decided to chuck it up and "spin-a-ma-thing" these balls to seat them to the ball ends. On this first one, 20 seconds of spinning seems to have freed it up quite nicely. And it's still tight. So may have a work around without spending more money.

20230318_161031.jpg

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter

I just had an idea, and I think it will work. I have a set of allen drivers that I can remove the tips. I decided to chuck it up and "spin-a-ma-thing" these balls to seat them to the ball ends. On this first one, 20 seconds of spinning seems to have freed it up quite nicely. And it's still tight. So may have a work around without spending more money.

View attachment 24780
That’s a good idea….

Tony

Staff member
Okay, all 10 swash links are done and measure out correctly except for the grip links, and that will come when I do the setup in the Ikon2. I have not yet done the tail linkage yet. But, no heavy binding in the head, but you can feel that it's a little tighter than usual. Just slightly though, not anything to worry about.

The drill trick did work, however when it cooled down, it did tighten up when things contracted. But, in the direction it needs to move, it is "free enough" to not be a worry.

Will be back on this soon, I have another project that I need to get into that we have been purchasing stuff for for about 6 months.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces

View attachment 24780
Just love the idea of being creative and thinking outside the box.

James M. Lewis

Armed Forces
Tony I know it's been a long and a hard road but you got this :peaceful: :boldblue: :banana: :twothumbsup: . Have learned so much in reading these threads. Thought we had problems with Hulk Jr. Compare to yours, ours are in the minor league and cheering for you all the way! Best regards, Jim

Tony

Staff member
Tony I know it's been a long and a hard road but you got this :peaceful: :boldblue: :banana: :twothumbsup: . Have learned so much in reading these threads. Thought we had problems with Hulk Jr. Compare to yours, ours are in the minor league and cheering for you all the way! Best regards, Jim
Thanks James. After figuring out the linkage issues for a helicopter that no longer has parts readily available, it should be downhill from here. It will get there, one step at a time.

Top Bottom