General Airplanes: Spektrum NX8 Dual Rates will not work stick built plane

Returningrcr

I have a Spektrum NX8 with about 6 planes programed in with dual rates set up. I am now trying to add another plane, I built, and the control surfaces stay at 100% when I set up dual rates on it. I've tried 2 Orange R610 V2 new receivers and new Spektrum AR410 receiver and get the same results. I have spent endless hours trying to chat with Horizon Hobbies and get cut off several times and get different answers from every tech I talk with (if I finally get to that point). Horizon is totally frustrating. They now want me to send my transmitter in. Before I do that I will buy Futaba or something I can at least get good support for. The NX8 is a little over a year old. I have had very little problem programming the dual rates into the other planes I have.
Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom as to what might be the challenge?
Thank you for your time and efforts!!

RandyDSok

First words of wisdom... list the things you have already tried so others don't waste yours and their time suggesting what you have tried.

Returningrcr

1. completely blew away and started from scratch with new model several times
2.made sure there were no mixes
3.made sure of proper switch setup (Switch "C")
4. checked monitor to see if switch was sending out the dual rates and it was
5. rebooted
6. upgraded to latest updates
7. made sure all other switches were set to "0"
8. Throttle all the way down and move over 25%
9. Batteries all full charge
10. Have not done factory reset.....yet
11. Probably other "Try's" that I can't recall

RandyDSok

I'm on Futaba... so I wouldn't be able to help directly with the setup anyway. Still didn't want to suggest anything uselessly either. I can make some suggestions but they won't be fun since I think you've covered everything based on the list you gave. Still I can think of some troubleshooting steps you can take without sending in the transmitter.

First... verify that the dual rates are working on one of the other models you mentioned working. Just to make sure. If so, that makes it less likely to be the transmitter UNLESS you missed something in the settings which always has to be considered a possibility until proven otherwise.

Next, it's probably easier to remove a servo from the suspect aircraft, than it is to remove the receiver from a known working one... So I'd do that ( remove the servo that is ), hook it up on the known working system ( outside of the plane, no need to install it )... and make sure it also works in the DR setting.

Next.. using a known good setup, bind to the new receiver and test to verify if the DR works or not... if it works... the next part is the part I'd hate but can't think of a way around it.

The next is the one I'd want to avoid but the last thing I can think of suggesting. Take a known working receiver out of a plane and hook it up on the suspect aircraft just hooking up the minimum stuff... ie stuff you have on DR's. In your known good model setup ( the one that receiver is already bound too )... test to see if the servo's respond as expected. If they do, switch to the new model setup you have, bind to the receiver and test with the new model setup that you believe is correct.

If it worked with the known good model setup and not with the new model setup... then you missed something in the new setup.

Returningrcr

Thank you, Randy, for your thoughtful input. I will try these things at some future point. As I mentioned earlier, I am not going to send my transmitter in. If needed I will go with a different brand. I refuse to purchase anything from Horizon Hobby as their support is less than desirable!!

Top Bottom