Align 150dfc From Nexrc.com

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Align 150dfc From Nexrc.com

I have to give a HUGE thanks to Kevin at NexRc.com for sending us this helicopter. The Align 150DFC has been known for it's issues. From tail wag, to bad boards to bad parts in general, the kickoff of this helicopter was not the greatest in the world. But these days of Chinese clones, what is?

The Align 150DFC is a brushless helicopter with WAY more power than it needs. And with that much power, it makes it just that much more fun to fly!!! With the Align mRS gyro under the canopy, she is a stable little booger. But there are some tricks that you can do to get it even more stable, and that is what this article section is all about.

In the coming weeks, I will be making videos on everything from blade selection for different skill levels to how to make a jumper so you don't have to buy a charging cable. If you can think of a video that you want to see, LET ME KNOW!!!

[video=youtube_share;732x_qA5CqI]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Review the backwards flight in both directions .. With different tail blades . I don't know if you are looking and comparing lynx too or not. But lynx has a larger diameter blade that has a bit more bite for tail hold .

Tail will be the buggest thing you can test on micros. While align does great but after as many crashes as mine has had.. It is iffy sometimes :)

Tony

Staff member
I have both 42mm and 47mm tail blades from Microheli. I tried the larger ones. The smaller ones are the same size as stock. And the backwards flight may be a bit hard. I flew more yesterday with this helicopter than I have all year and most of last year lmao. Need to get my orientation back in all directions. How about you come up here and show me how it's done!!! I will put you in an official RCH video!!! :biggrin1:

idar66

Review the backwards flight in both directions .. With different tail blades . I don't know if you are looking and comparing lynx too or not. But lynx has a larger diameter blade that has a bit more bite for tail hold .

Tail will be the buggest thing you can test on micros. While align does great but after as many crashes as mine has had.. It is iffy sometimes :)

hi tony ive just bought a 150dfc im very green when it comes to helis, but i love good gear and got a good price so i bought to use once ive mastered my v912,v913, i also bought all the upgrades that were reccommended , ie rakon frame skids, one way etc, i also plan on upgrading servos etc, i looked at starting upgrade and found the wires to esc were bare on the ends about 5 cm from end plus all wires seem to be touching, ive never seen anything like that before, then i noticed on your build video that your wires looked the same, so im hopeing theres a coating or something on wires to prevent short, also was surprised when my heli came with metal squash etc and the frame seems to be alot stiffer then one you replaced on your video, i hope this is the right way to post, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks idar66

Tony

Staff member
Hay idar, welcome to RCH. The wires are going to look bare, but they should have a very thin coating on them. If you ever have to solder them after the wire breaks, you must scrape this coating off. It's a pain, but it can be done. But yes, there should be a coating on them to keep them from shorting.

If you have a metal Align swash and DFC links, then you have the V2 (I think). Align started including these as standard equipment. As for the frame, I hope like crazy that they use a stiffer frame. The one that I had (which is the V1, first batch) was very weak. Maybe I need to order a new frame and compare them, and maybe put the helicopter back to stock and fly it that way.

Top Bottom