Align 450 Pro V2 3GX Build Guide Part 3, Assembling The Frame & Servos w/ 3GX Gyro

Tony

Staff member
We are finally to the part where we get to put the frame together. This is pretty easy, but as you will see in later videos, you must test the fit of the main bearing blocks. My main shaft was so tight that without any shims, the auto gear was not wanting to turn. I had to force the top block down, and the bottom block up just to get the head to spin free. Do this BEFORE you thread lock those blocks in place or you will play hell getting the screws out.

Everything in this video is pretty straight forward. The gyro mount fits great in the slots provided and there is NO play at all in it. Very secure and perfect for this gyro. I would suggest mounting the gyro in the bottom like this just for security. If you crash, it's protected on all sides from the impact. On the top, not so much.

Have a look and tell me what you think!

[video=youtube_share;i7sWGklsfm4]http://youtu.be/i7sWGklsfm4[/video]​

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Re: Align 450 Pro V2 3GX Build Guide Part 3, Assembling The Frame & Servos w/ 3GX Gyr

your doing great so far. But I'm soo tired I fell a sleep for the last two minutes! Lol

Tony

Staff member
Re: Align 450 Pro V2 3GX Build Guide Part 3, Assembling The Frame & Servos w/ 3GX Gyr

Yeah, these are a little longer than my usual videos. But, should help someone out that is building one. Unfortunately I won't have anything uploaded for part 4 until next week sometime. Have to work all weekend.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

i updated mine this morning. Now next week i have to install the system on my heli then hook everything up to my lap top to set it all up.

murankar

Staff member

Those V2 side panels are freaking awesome. Outside mounted elevator would save some much time in fixing. What took them so long to figure this out. Anyhow looking really clean. hows the wire management with the "rx" in the middle of the frame?

Tony

Staff member

Dude, I love the cutout for the outer servo mount lol. That was one of the biggest yet simplest improvements I have seen yet on this build.

As for wire management, it's awesome, but takes a while to get done. I think I spent about 1.5 hours on it just to make it as clean as it is now. but it was worth it. I do think I'm going to flip my ESC around so I will have to cut some of the zip ties so I can move my wire. But the ESC has that magnet on it and I'm not sure how that's going to play into things. I guess I will find out lol.

As for the wires down where they plug in, it's a mess lol. They are crammed in between the gyro and rudder servo. But, when you are flying, you can't really see them. Although I have only had it in the air twice and only to check gyro settings lol. It's been too damn hot around here to stay out any longer than a couple minutes lmao.

Top Bottom