500 Align 550E help

Helifox

Hi Everybody,
My Name is Geoff Fox and I have a Align 550E which I have flown and enjoyed, for reasons beyond my control this helicopter has been on a shelf since 2017 along with all my other RC vehicles. I am now able to get back into the hobby, but after such a long time many things have changed, all will have been upgraded (except me) so I will be in need of help and advice.
My 550E 3GX is currently running version 2.1 which it came with, I also have the APS unit from around the the same time. I have done a little research and I see that the 3GX is now at version 5.0 and I assume the APS has been upgraded as well.

My firsts question is: Can anybody advise me on which version 3GX and APS I should upgrade to.

Thanks in advance

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
:welcome1: Helifox and glad you're getting back into flying :arms:. You're absolutely right about upgrading. 5 yrs is a bit since the wonderful world of electronics changes weekly it seems like :lmao:On a different note I would trade that 3GX for a different unit like Beast, Ikon, or Sprit that so much better unit than the 3GX if you have the funds. That's just my :2c:

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I must agree, anything is better than the 3GX. However it will work if thats all you have. If it flew before, id just dust it off and fly it. At least to know it still flys then consider updating the 3GX...

Admiral

I also agree one of the suggested Controllers would be better, I played with 3GX for about 12 months and found lots a variation in different version of the software, 2.1 was pretty good, later versions had a tendency to flop on their side on take off. I can't recall which version did what because I changed to iKon which I still have, but if it was flying OK and you don't want to upgrade the Controller dust it off and fly it without changing the firmware. Sorry I know nothing about the APS

Top Bottom