Are You Seeing Popup's That Want You To Download Something?

Tony

Staff member
Hey everyone, I just had a member email me saying when he tried to do a search, it asked him to download something. He was not happy about this, to say the least, and quite honestly, neither am I if this is happening. If you see anything, or have seen anything like this, please capture a screen shot of it and post it here in this thread.

I take member security very seriously and I do not want anyone downloading anything that is unsafe for their computer. If this is an issue, I will get it resolved. But need some help in knowing what I'm dealing with since I can not replicate this issue.

RandyDSok

Just searched a half a dozen times ( simple search )... had no pop-ups.

If you haven't already suggested it... recommend that they scan with a good adware/spyware utility such as Malwarebytes ( Windows )... that symptom could indicate they have malware on their computer that redirects their searches. Antivirus programs often miss adware/spyware...

Tony

Staff member
He sent me a screen shot and it was one of the ads at the top of the forum. This one is all on Adsense but it was a nice large white ad with a huge green button. Not much I can do about those ads. But there is an X in the top right of those type ads that you can click and report. So anyone that sees those "Download Now" ads, look for that X in the top right, click ONLY on the X (don't try this on mobile unless you zoom way in) and report it as being unsafe. I have blocked a LOT of these ads, but with the holidays coming, they are flooding the market with them.

Top Bottom