General Ares v hawk convert to spektrum

Tomtom223

Hey guys. So I picked up an Aries v hawk But It did not come with the transmitter. I swapped out the receiver with a spektrum and reciever but cannot get it to work. It still has the original flight controller in it. There is nothing online that I can find on how to program it so I’m hoping someone on here may be able to help. Thank you so much in advance.

RandyDSok

You really should mention which radio and receiver you are using... Spectrum makes several and they don't all have the same settings.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was bored and found out that the TX and RX are Hitec. The FC is a V-Hawk’s sophisticated flight control board. I have no idea :thinking:Try changing the FC too.

Last edited:

RandyDSok

I was bored and found out that the TX and RX are Hitec. The FC is a V-Hawk’s sophisticated flight control board. I have no idea :thinking:Try changing the FC too.

Well... I'm guessing here a lot... I'm thinking that the V-Hawk is more airplane than quad-copter... although it does appear to be a bit of both. I think the radio would be setup as a typical elevon aircraft plus have one switch assigned to rotate the nacelles. I'm assuming the FC is then setup much like other quads are setup... again this is a wild guess without much to base it on myself.

The orginal thread that Tomtom223 had posted in has a little bit in it... but not details. Just for reference see that thread here... Spektrum - Ares Z Series V-hawk Radio Conversion To Spektrum

RandyDSok

I'm not going to be a lot of help here... I'm neither a quad nor a Spectrum radio guy... so I can only help by pointing in some directions at best.

First for the disclaimers and downers... If you are a beginner, this is not a project for you to start off with. I'd only recommend doing mod's on something like this if you are experienced in both airplanes and multicopters ... as well as customizing and modding both. If that isn't you, then put this project aside until you have some experience... ok, probably a lot of experience. The RC hobby is great to get into, but you must start ( if you are a beginner, I have no way to know so I'm covering this first ) with a more beginner friendly aircraft, car, or boat. ... Now having said all of that...

I was able to still find a manual online despite the company that made this being out of business...

The main manual, the quick start guide.... and a bonus conversion guide that actually may be of use for the radio setup portion although it also covers installing and using a custom FC also. I suspect the manual and quick start guides will be nice to have, but I skimmed through them and didn't see a lot of useful info concerning how to configure the FC or radio for instance. The conversion guide will likely have a lot of info that doesn't relate to the installed FC, but hopefully it will help at least in general with setting up the radio even if it may not be identical to your own.

Attachments

• 1-AZSZ2700 Ares V-Hawk Manual.pdf
    393.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 2-AZSZ2700 Ares VHawk X4 Quick Start Guide.pdf
    432.2 KB · Views: 0
  • V-Hawk OAV Conversion.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Tomtom223

Thank you so much for all the info. I’m still having a heckuva time trying to figure it out. I saw on here that guy was able to put his spektrum and reciever in it and then it flew great but he’s not responding to me when I asked him how to set it up. Trial and error I guess

RandyDSok

I saw on here that guy was able to put his spektrum and reciever in it and then it flew great but he’s not responding to me when I asked him how to set it up.

Don't think much about not getting a response, that thread was from 2 years ago.. He'd only made 6 posts and no others since.

Top Bottom