Spektrum Ares Z Series V-hawk Radio Conversion To Spektrum

OSUAggie90

I purchased the Ares V-Hawk VTOL without the KA 6 transmitter. I was told that I could swap the KA 6 out for a Spektrum set up. I want to use my Spektrum DX7S transmitter and an AR-8000 receiver. Has anyone ever done this? If so; could you provide the settings for the transmitter that you used? Thanks

V-Hawk.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If there is a separate receiver already in there for another Tx, then you could possibly swap in your Spektrum equipment and calibrate to teh flight controller. However, if the receiver is built into the flight controller (I'm guessing this plane, quad, vtol... has a flight controller), then you are pretty much SOL unless you want to figure out how to program another FC to do what this 'thing' was meant to do, which is beyond anything I have played with.

OSUAggie90

If there is a separate receiver already in there for another Tx, then you could possibly swap in your Spektrum equipment and calibrate to teh flight controller. However, if the receiver is built into the flight controller (I'm guessing this plane, quad, vtol... has a flight controller), then you are pretty much SOL unless you want to figure out how to program another FC to do what this 'thing' was meant to do, which is beyond anything I have played with.

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. I swapped the the original receiver out for a Spektrum AR 8000. I kept the flight controller that came with the kit. I was able to program my Spektrum DX7S radio (with some help) and flew it tonight. I had a blast with the V-Hawk. This was my first quad rotor VTOL and I had fun trimming it out and flying in the hover mode.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Welcome OSUA :). I glad you got that VTOL working and no less had a good time flying it. I would love to see a video of that bay boy in action. Next time,if you can, make a :voidh:

Tony

Staff member
That is awesome! I was not sure if you could do that on that model, glad to hear that you can!

Tomtom223

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. I swapped the the original receiver out for a Spektrum AR 8000. I kept the flight controller that came with the kit. I was able to program my Spektrum DX7S radio (with some help) and flew it tonight. I had a blast with the V-Hawk. This was my first quad rotor VTOL and I had fun trimming it out and flying in the hover mode.
Hey there. Could you please share how do you programmed your Aries V Hawk with a spectrum radio. I’ve installed the receiver but I have no idea how to program the transmitter. Thanks for the help. Tom

Top Bottom