Awsome Olecoot Is Correct - -

OleCoot

OleCoot, because I am 83, and still looking down at the grass - Awsome, because, although I don't exercise my FAA commercial Multi-Land-Sea-Heli certificates any longer, I can still get my RC's off,up,and back on the ground unscathed most of the time :)
May I suggest you make the extraordinary information you proffer, simple to locate, and more directed at the neophyte rather than the pro - The old pro probably knows the answer anyway, particularly about the ever developing new technology -

For example, I have just acquired a Blade Nano QX2 FPV & Fat Shark Teleporter V4 headset - As a result, I am looking for tips, tricks, and how to approach flying FPV with some sense of reasonable control -

Thanks for letting me spout off - OleCoot

Tony

Staff member
Hey OleCoot, welcome to the site! You have an absolutely fantastic suggestion and it is something that I have wanted to do for quite some time. Although I do not have that quad or those goggles (not rich enough to have nice things lol), the basic principal is about the same. I will see what I can get done, I have been wanting to get some of my quads back up and flying again after sitting for some time. This may be just the ticket I needed to dust them off. thank you.

As for simple to locate, this is why I have redone the website and condensed things down. Right now this is just on the forum side and I will be working on the Article side soon but the Articles are going to take far longer to complete. This way, basic articles and straight information (rather than banter) will be easier to find.

Admiral

Welcome to RC-Help OleCoot I'm sure you will find plenty of help here. The only advise I can give is when your starting out with FPV either be seated or lean up against a wall or something and keep the first flights short, I don't suffer from motion sickness but did on my first few FPV flights, about 5~6 flights and I was OK.

Good luck and again Welcome.

OleCoot

Welcome to RC-Help OleCoot I'm sure you will find plenty of help here. The only advise I can give is when your starting out with FPV either be seated or lean up against a wall or something and keep the first flights short, I don't suffer from motion sickness but did on my first few FPV flights, about 5~6 flights and I was OK.

Good luck and again Welcome.
Thank you sir - Having been up and down the road a couple of times, I know it is better to ask before than apologize after :apologetic:

OleCoot

Hey OleCoot, welcome to the site! You have an absolutely fantastic suggestion and it is something that I have wanted to do for quite some time. Although I do not have that quad or those goggles (not rich enough to have nice things lol), the basic principal is about the same. I will see what I can get done, I have been wanting to get some of my quads back up and flying again after sitting for some time. This may be just the ticket I needed to dust them off. thank you.

As for simple to locate, this is why I have redone the website and condensed things down. Right now this is just on the forum side and I will be working on the Article side soon but the Articles are going to take far longer to complete. This way, basic articles and straight information (rather than banter) will be easier to find.

Tony - Effort is greatly appreciated - Who is paying, maybe a place to contribute a buck or two would be appropriate :anyone:

RandyDSok

May I suggest you make the extraordinary information you proffer, simple to locate, and more directed at the neophyte rather than the pro -

This statement has me confused a bit... I think the way the site is setup now in different categories and subcategories is about as simple as it can be made and still cover the numerous subjects that fall into the various RC hobbies. If you can't find what you want with the category/subcategory sorting... then the other option is to use a forum search which like all other forum searchs you'll see on the internet... can be a simple or an advanced type of search.

The number of possible subjects that the site has... does bring some complexity to finding the info... but if you just look at the various categories etc... that helps narrow your search a lot.

Tony

Staff member
Tony - Effort is greatly appreciated - Who is paying, maybe a place to contribute a buck or two would be appropriate :anyone:
Thank you for the kind words. There are a few ways to contribute to Rc-Help. The first is just a straight donation through PayPal via Pay Rc-Help.com using PayPal.Me. The second is becoming a Patron on Patreon via Rc-Help.com is creating How To Radio Control Videos For Beginners | Patreon and the third is becoming a supporter here on the site. Becoming a supporter not only helps out the site, but it also gets rid of all of the ads on the site. You can sign up for that via https://www.rc-help.com/account/upgrades.

OleCoot

This statement has me confused a bit... I think the way the site is setup now in different categories and subcategories is about as simple as it can be made and still cover the numerous subjects that fall into the various RC hobbies. If you can't find what you want with the category/subcategory sorting... then the other option is to use a forum search which like all other forum searchs you'll see on the internet... can be a simple or an advanced type of search.

The number of possible subjects that the site has... does bring some complexity to finding the info... but if you just look at the various categories etc... that helps narrow your search a lot.

Yeah, yer right Randy, maybe I just haven't become familiar enough yet
Thank you for the kind words. There are a few ways to contribute to Rc-Help. The first is just a straight donation through PayPal via Pay Rc-Help.com using PayPal.Me. The second is becoming a Patron on Patreon via Rc-Help.com is creating How To Radio Control Videos For Beginners | Patreon and the third is becoming a supporter here on the site. Becoming a supporter not only helps out the site, but it also gets rid of all of the ads on the site. You can sign up for that via https://www.rc-help.com/account/upgrades.

OK, I'll see what fits for me - Coot

Top Bottom