Bad Morning :(

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well i finally got my 450 coastguard fuselage repaired and painted. it's almost done. I need to hit it with 1000 grit sandpaper, Tony recommended before clear coat. I also need to fine yellow or silver tint for the windows. I'm not still sure if I'm going to use it or just get a new style fuselage for it. I had this fuselage for over 5 yrs and it might be time for a new makeover...will see IMG_4265.JPG

Tony

Staff member
If you use the 1000 grit, be sure to wet sand it. Don't try to do it dry, it will just clog up. Looking good!

Admiral

Looking good, I've decided to take a leaf out of you book and put fixed U/C on mine, 450 retracts just too crappy to work properly.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Looking good, I've decided to take a leaf out of you book and put fixed U/C on mine, 450 retracts just too crappy to work properly.

I never did have good luck with those retracts from day one. I bet there like everything else. Wonderful when it works but pain in the butt when it doesn't Lol.

Tony

Staff member
The water acts as a lubricant and keeps it from cutting too hard. It will look like crap when you are done (should be an even dull look) but once you spray that clear on it, it will pop real nice. Take your time on the sanding and use plenty of water. You can dip the sandpaper in the water, or you can use a spray bottle. Just keep it wet and keep the sandpaper clean by rinsing it quite a few times.

Top Bottom