ESC Bad

Fly-n-Low

This in on my new Dynam C188. I thought it was the RX so started this thread.

I don't get why the servo tester will work but two different RX won't...

Geena

Staff member
Sounds like the speed control might not be arming the motor on startup. Make sure throttle is 0 at low stick, and if you haven`t already, try resetting the throttle end points in the speed control.

Fly-n-Low

Thanks Geena. I am leaning to the ESC and or its programing. I remember programing the ESC on my heli. I found an manual online to program it...

Just spoiled I guess from the usual plug up and go. I've never pulled a new plane out of the box or done a build that has done this.

RandyDSok

After the number of users here that have reported their ESC didn't arm without first calibrating their throttle to the ESC... I'd consider that a first step every time now no matter what brand you use.

Fly-n-Low

Randy, this is the first time I have had problems. I have 7 Horizons, 2 FMS', and 5 Flitetest ESCs/planes that I had no problem with. This is the first time.

I pulled an ESC out another Dynam kit I have and installed it into the C188 and it works fine.

The Dynam SU 26M failed. I replaced it with a cheap Amazon score I had, works perfect.

I put together my Dynam AT-6 and initially had the same results. I trimmed the throttle trim all the way down, and it booted up. So I went to the sub trim and adjusted it. That worked too, but I didn't realize it changed the throw length and I wasn't getting full throttle. I zeroed that and went to travel, 130% low and worked fine and didn't affect the top end. I cycled it a few times and it went back to the warning beep...

A programing we shall go. :chairshot:

Fly-n-Low

Thanks Randy!!! I have a couple to program as of yet, but I did program my Dynam T6 Texan. Works fine now.

I did learn this, if you have a failsafe system, I assume most TX/RX have them, do a rebind on your RX after programing the ESC. I was screwing around and cut my TX off, wheels up as programed, but 25% THROTTLE!!! Prop on. :help:

But I have had props fly across the room before too so. :warning:

Last edited:
Top Bottom