Other Banks vs Flight Modes

Heliman450

Hi all, I'm coming to the end of reprogramming my Jeti DC14 to standardise functions across all models and to root out any potentially dangerous errors on my part with the setup. This activity is prompted by my unfortunate incident resulting in the destruction of my Velos Rotors 880 now undergoing a major redesign/rebuild. To the subject matter.....

From what I see, there is a lot of different terminology for the control parameters of RC models. I heard my Guru Hugo ask me in which position I have my 'Idle-up' function on my newly installed 3-Position switch. I've no idea why anyone would use the term in the context of an electric motor driven helicopter. Fortunately, I understood what he meant and only smiled to myself.

I've programmed the Banks for my SpiritPro gyro on one of my helis and will be doing the same for the next one. Unless someone can explain the difference, I see no difference between the term Bank or Flight Mode. I'm intending to record custom wave files to load into the Tx. so if there's any reason I should rethink what this will be, I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm thinking to name them as per the SpiritPro display, 'Bank Zero, Bank One and Bank Two' rather than 'Flight Mode 1/2/3'.

Over to you for clarification.

Heliman450

Hi all, an update on this........

I've reprogrammed the two flight ready helis to have the same setup. I settled on using the terms 'Zero, One and Two' for my flight modes (Banks) as they already have .wav files pre-installed. Creating my own can wait a little while as the improved weather is calling me to fly them :hdbng:

Top Bottom