600 Batteries in Trex 600esp

F. Fournier

I would like to know how many batteries are to be used in Trex600 esp. Since some are using 1 battery (22.2v , 6s) and others are using 2 batteries ( 7.4v for receiver and 6s for heli pack).

Where are the 2 batteries connected?

RandyDSok

The two battery systems are not connected. The motor is getting power from one and the receiver, servos, gyros and other electronics are being powered by another battery. These types of systems are using an Opto ESC that has no included BEC ( battery eliminator circuit ). The single battery method is using an ESC with a BEC in it to supply power to those other components as well as the motor.

Having the control electronics separated from the motor power means if the motor power is used up, you still have power going to the controls. The two potential down sides are the added weight and finding a place for the additional battery.

RandyDSok

Well... your ESC can still have a BEC and you can still use the two battery setup... it's just typically an Opto ESC that setup is used for. In no place did I say you HAD to use an Opto ESC with the two battery setup.

F. Fournier

Thank you very much. When I use an ESC which has a BEC and I want to use 2 batteries, where is the 2nd battery connected to ? Please HELP.

RandyDSok

The second battery is connected directly to the receiver but you must make sure the receiver supports the voltage the battery provides. The old standard voltage is 4.8v to 6v on the high side and was often provided by 4x 1.2-1.5v AA or C sized batteries or equivalent... I'm not sure what is common these days so you 'll need to check your manual to see what yours supports.

I've never used a 2 battery setup, I've only read a bit on them. So not sure what to do when you may need to step down the voltage if that is needed.

RandyDSok

You sort of sound like a newbie to RC... pardon me if you aren't but still...

A helicopter IS NOT a beginner aircraft... it is probably the hardest thing to learn to fly even when someone has previous RC experience. If you are a beginner, do not try to fly without first practicing over and over with a simulator. Crashing a heli is expensive to repair and you will crash even if you are experienced with them.

Top Bottom