Batteries Battery replacement alternative

bigone5500

I'm replacing my 6s battery model EFLB9106S30. I found this Ovonic battery designed for quads and would like to know if there is a reason it would not be ideal for my Blade 270 CFX.

Old battery

Replacement
Amazon product

bigone5500

The Tattu 1000mAh 6s comes in at 175g as opposed to the 141g of the eFlite battery. Is 34g going to make that much of a difference in flight on that heli?

RandyDSok

Weight certainly makes a difference... but how much depends on the size of the aircraft itself. So a larger model is affected less than a lighter one. In your example, there is a 20% reduction of weight in the lighter battery you mentioned. There are times, like in higher winds as an example, that having a little more weight helps since having more mass will also make it harder for a wind to change the direction the mass is moving in. So it always depends on everything else.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Try it out. If the Heli seems heavy or wants to bog down try increasing the RPM on your flight mode. As for a quad yulp you will notice the weight difference at least I can. Like Randy said So it always depends on everything else.

Top Bottom