General battery

buel williams

hi gays and gals anyone know why pulse 5000mah receiver batterys are out of stock everywhere. also amainhobbies have maniaX 5000mah batts. is anyone familiar with that brand.

RandyDSok

Since the pandemic started, every market has experienced shortages. Currently there is a shortage of lithium and the analysts predict that it will greatly affect the EV car market in the near future. With shortages, you will also see price increases... so just be ready for that also.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
A little reminder too that all these electronics that were are receiving have been sitting on cargo ships out in salt water air for around a year now. Something else to think about.

Geena

Staff member
hi gays and gals anyone know why pulse 5000mah receiver batterys are out of stock everywhere. also amainhobbies have maniaX 5000mah batts. is anyone familiar with that brand.
The 5000mAh RX battery is the most popular receiver battery that Pulse sells. Due to several new nitro kits being introduced, the demand has gone up a bit. I`m sure the recent Labor Day sales had a little to do with them going out of stock as well. I can contact my team manager, and see if he can give me an ETA for new stock.

Geena

Staff member
I just checked in with my team manager, and he sent a message to Pulse. We should have news of when to expect new stock for the 5000mAH receiver batteries very soon.

buel williams

I just checked in with my team manager, and he sent a message to Pulse. We should have news of when to expect new stock for the 5000mAH receiver batteries very soon.
thank you for all the info, right now hard to find nitro in store pickup near me.

Geena

Staff member
I`m really lucky as far as getting fuel goes. Graves RC Hobbies is only about 1.5 hours from me, in Orlando. When I need fuel I go pick up 3-4 cases, and then spend the rest of the day at TORCHS helicopter club.

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
I spent 5 years in Orlando, I remember Graves. Place was awesome. I had a GMP competitor I tried to sell there... They pretty much laughed at me...lmao

buel williams

I`m really lucky as far as getting fuel goes. Graves RC Hobbies is only about 1.5 hours from me, in Orlando. When I need fuel I go pick up 3-4 cases, and then spend the rest of the day at TORCHS helicopter club.
hey there Geena I know of graves have been there many times 2.5 hours away. but l'am confused just check website did not see fuel just fuel accessories.

RandyDSok

hey there Geena I know of graves have been there many times 2.5 hours away. but l'am confused just check website did not see fuel just fuel accessories.

Mailing flammable liquids or gasses is strictly limited by the USPS and must follow specific steps as well as being plainly marked. I suspect it also comes at an increased cost since it would be listed as a hazardous material as well as only being allowed to ship by ground methods. So I'm not surprised that selling fuel on a website isn't something you'd see often if at all.

Geena

Staff member
I`m pretty sure they will ship it, if you call and order it. But the haz mat fees are going to make it very expensive to ship.

Geena

Staff member
Mailing flammable liquids or gasses is strictly limited by the USPS and must follow specific steps as well as being plainly marked. I suspect it also comes at an increased cost since it would be listed as a hazardous material as well as only being allowed to ship by ground methods. So I'm not surprised that selling fuel on a website isn't something you'd see often if at all.
I`m pretty sure that USPS won`t ship fuel. UPS will do it, but as we both mentioned...... haz mat fees will make it not worth the hassle.

RandyDSok

I`m pretty sure that USPS won`t ship fuel.

I'm actually not certain either way and would completely avoid a real discussion stating either answer.

When I did a quick search for the info, I found answers saying both yes and no to USPS shipping a fuel. On their own website, they say in one place gasoline will not be shipped period, then on another ... they link to pages that indicate fuels both liquid and solid can be shipped via ground methods. So just reading their own website has contradictions about the subject.

I had also heard that UPS would ship fuels... but I didn't look into it even if I believe it's accurate.

Then there is the fact that I've had cleaning liquids, soaps etc delivered that were damaged in shipping and had leaked out. That fact alone would make me strongly question if I want to order and have a fuel shipped at all, by any carrier. I think I'd let a local shop deal with that headache and just drive to their location to pick up and not worry about it.

Top Bottom