General bearing oil container

Tony

Staff member
What I use is Team Trinity Bearing and Bushing oil. The one with the long needle that is lighter is bearing oil, and the short one with darker oil is bushing oil. They don't make what I have anymore as it is close to 20 years old now, but they do still have needle bottles.

kyle9993

so iv got a 1.5 grub screw that has stripped.....any suggestions on getting it out? its on an axle cup on a slash,like a MIP style

heli46

so iv got a 1.5 grub screw that has stripped.....any suggestions on getting it out? its on an axle cup on a slash,like a MIP style
Can you get a gremlin with a blade on the end of it and cut you a slot across the grub screw if you can cut a slide in it then you can take a straight screwdriver and remove it but don't hold me to it good luck

heli46

Can you get a gremlin with a blade on the end of it and cut you a slot across the grub screw if you can cut a slide in it then you can take a straight screwdriver and remove it but don't hold me to it good luck
You probably going to have to replace the axle cup after you cut a slot around it but you need to get that screw out so replace it and the rub screw coupling cup after you finish figuring out to do it the best way would be to cut a slot straight down around it and out and then split it across and unscrew it my new axle cup I hope this help cuz I'm not sure what you're working with good luck

Tony

Staff member
I have a set of drivers that are just slightly oversize. If I strip out a grub screw, or any screw for that matter, these will almost always pull it out. And since I have another set of drivers, this is all I used these for. However, these are made in china drivers, so my oversize may be undersize on the next batch. You can never tell with made in china.

If you have a Good set of drivers (not the cheap L drivers), you can try to put the driver in and cock it at an angle and turn. I would add a little heat as well just for good measure. Sometimes, these can be a pain. If this doesn't work though, a 1.5mm left hand drill bit will be about the only option if it's completely rounded. I have also used an old torx driver that I didn't care about and hammered it in to remove these.

kyle9993

thank you all for your input,i gave it last ditch effort and got it heated up and it end up comming loose thank goodness.now i gotta find a new transmission for the slash,my proline housing is split and i cant find a spare proline housing.may go with that newer trans from traxxas.

Top Bottom