Flight Stabilizers Binding Timber X Night 1.2 to spektrum NX8 in safe mode.

Returningrcr

I can bind the subjects together in safe mode following the exact instructions from the manuals but when I tilt the plane from side to side the ailerons do not move. I have the required servo movement set to 51% as it needs to be over 50%.
Any Help anyone could provide would be much appreciated!
Dan

gadget47

Hey Dan, i have my timber x on a DX9- when the safe mode is activated (from setup) the aircraft will cycle 2 times through the control surfaces when aircraft is turned on- that tells you its programed. The instructions (aircraft) say the safe mode has to be assigned a switch in the transmitter, and it wont work any other way (i screwed it up several times) Now when i turn on the switch the aircraft will try to correct itself- even if upside down. I have the directions if you need them-( im always the guy who says "ok, now i have to read the directions")

Returningrcr

Thank you for your help. I have had major challenges logging into this site. I have since the original post trashed that Timber X . I plan on, someday, installing that receiver in another stick built plane. If you want to send me those instructions, that would be awsome., email to dgirard1952@gamil.com.
Thanks again.

RandyDSok

Thank you for your help. I have had major challenges logging into this site. I have since the original post trashed that Timber X . I plan on, someday, installing that receiver in another stick built plane. If you want to send me those instructions, that would be awsome., email to **********
Thanks again.

I'd strongly recommend that you edit your post and remove the email address so spammers and scammers can't harvest your email and start sending you crap email. It has always been strongly recommended to NEVER post your email address publicly... If you need to share your email with someone, use the Conversation or PM ( private message ) feature of the forum or similar website you are on. The same goes for any personal information really just to help protect your privacy and make it harder for scammers/spammers.

I assume the problems logging in are just a reference to you not remembering your username and/or password... If it's something else, provide your info about what operating system you are running, what web browser and it's version along with what protection software you are running and perhaps the owner of the site can look into making it work better on those if it's a fault of the site. As far as I know, the forum software being used is one of the name brand ones, so I doubt it's a compatibility issue but who knows if that info isn't provided so it can be tested.

gadget47

Ok Dan, i sent the instructions. its not the whole manual, just 3 pages of tx/rx setup for safe mode. let me know if you need additional info.

gadget47

hey dan, just got a return on the email, just found the issue-re sending, let me know.

Last edited:

Returningrcr

hey dan, just got a return on the email, just found the issue-re sending, let me know.
Thank you for your efforts. I think I've accomplished that challenge. It just seems the spektrum system is very glitchy. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Thanks again!
Dan

RandyDSok

Spectrum hasn't had issues with glitchiness in a long time as a rule of thumb. They did the first few years but those problems were addressed. That of course doesn't mean your radio isn't having problems OR the environment you are flying it doesn't have interference from something. As an example of environmental interference issues... The club I was a member of was right next to a large concert arena. The wireless security cameras and microphones they used... would cause a lot of interference if you got too close to the building. In addition, a faulty power transformer just outside of it did as well. Our club members lost signal every time they flew close by those areas. I've also heard a large equipment like oil rigs causing similar problems.

You can test for this... by doing a signal test. Place a model down and have someone observe it as you most the controls... you should be able to walk quite a distance before loosing reception and it gets sketchy. Now go to another location, preferably a very large field without anything around it and repeat the tests. While there will likely be minor differences in the distance you can walk away but they should be relatively close as long as there isn't a different in the terrain like hills etc. Most newer radios have a low power mode just for this type of testing, if yours does, it should be mentioned in the manual.

Top Bottom