Projects Blade 300 CFX rebuild parts

Heelroper

I have been gifted a 300cfx still in the box from what I understand, I haven't seen it yet but hey if it flies I'm in. Now the issue. Can you even find parts for a heli that old? I was told it MIGHT need some TLC. I can only guess what that means but I of course said thankyou. I guess my question is what heli can I reference to get parts that would fit the 300cfx. I think I read that the 270 of that era can be utilized for many of the nesessary parts. Any advise would be appreciated.

Heelroper

Another question for the seasoned, this is still associated with the 300CFX. I have a crashed Fusion 360 BNF so I took the fc6250HX out and put it in the CFX. I just can't get the 7200bx to be my friend. So I put the 6250 bnf in the CFX. All surfaces move like they should EXCEPT the swash plate. This is something I haven't seen, the right gimble moves the pitch and roll just like it should but the throttle gimble is reversed. By that I mean when the gimble is down the swash is up but not the motor. The motor is still and as you push the stick up the motor revs up. But the swash is already at the top and it goes down. I thought it might be the ESC so I hooked up the original ESC out of the Fusion and still the swash is moving in the reverse direction. I wonder if this is something Horrizon Hobby has installed to make it unusable like I tried to use it. The FBL unit doesn't know it's in a different heli so what the heck?????? Just dumbfounded.......
Any advice would be appreciated.

RandyDSok

It is not unusual at all... throttle direction isn't standardized across the industry. For instance Futaba's have the throttle go in one direction and Spectrum's are going in the other. This is one reason why they built servo reverses into the transmitters... it's also used in other situations like for the ailerons that could be moving in the wrong direction etc.

But having said that... You'll either reverse it in the transmitter... or possibly in the FBL controller you are using but you will need to read the manual for your controller to see what method they recommend.

Top Bottom