Blade 360 cfx Repairs

Batwing

I thought that I would always be able to find online Utubes for repairs of my RC Helis but I am finding very little posted for the Blade 360 cfx??
I recently had a bad landing, cannot really call it a crash since only the tail skid was broken. However, I have noticed a slight wobble when I have spooled up and I am hovering.
1.) maybe this is a bent spindle?
2.) maybe this in a bent main shaft?

I ordered both. My habit is to check out online videos before I dive in. This has served my very well with my Blade 230s rebuilds - Thank You JJ and Inverted Productions.
This also served me well with my build of Align 550L.

I am looking for some Utube videos regarding how to rebuild the head and change the main rotor shaft?
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Smoggie

It the blades were undamaged then it's probably not the main shaft, nine times out of ten the feathering shaft would bend before the main shaft anyway (so it's worth checking the feathering shaft). A bent tail shaft is a possibility but usually you can see it when you turn the blades.

If you have worked on a CP heli before it should be easy enough to repair the blade.. just take screws out until it comes apart!

Batwing

Thanks for the suggestions and thanks for stopping me before I did a complete tear down to replace the main shaft. I replaced the feathering shaft even though the old one did not appear to be bent. I rolled it on a glass surface and it was smooth. So I went back to the field and I still had the same issue. The wobble was front to back. So not a gyro tail gain issue no wag. However, this did make me think it might be a gyro issue. I have used Velcro straps on my receivers for other heli builds, I had put a Velcro strap over the Beast X gyro and this was the issue. The Beast X is on double sided tape and when I removed and few without the Velcro strap the front to back stem to stern wobble disappeared. If it is receiver or satellite receiver no problem if it is a gyro it need to float freely on 3m or other medium.
My Blade 360 cfx is flying smoothly again.
Best Regards and thanks again for helping me work the problem

Top Bottom