Blade mCP-X Brushless Maiden Flight

Tony

Staff member
Here is what you guys have been waiting for. The video of the brushless monster lol. Watch it, enjoy it, and remember I had a horrible wind going from right to left in this video lol. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOy9reWzxd0

Last edited:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Well done Tony. That was some nice flying and a couple quick recovery's. She handles good even in that wind. :twothumbsup:

Tony

Staff member
Thanks Vince. So far (knock on wood) I have not crashed this heli since I did the upgrade. I'm quite happy with it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nice Flying TONY! :) very good! Yeah about 1:43 seemed like you were gonna hit yourself lol! But you are getting back on the sticks fast dude! ;)

Tony

Staff member
It's taking a bit, but I'm enjoying it. Can't fly this weekend though. The wind is not that bad right now, but there is a chance for severe storms in the forcast so I'm not going to risk it.

Tony

Staff member
I love it man. I'm still trying to get my fingers used to it being so quick on the sticks. I was going to do some more stuff in this video, but every time I would flip it over, the wind would catch it and take it to my left very quickly lol. so, I just did the basic stuff with it. I will be doing more as time goes on though. One of these days, I will learn how to do a damn funnel lmao.

Lee

For nose down funnels, just do circuits and slowely add more rudder. Once in the funnel, control the size with elevator. The more vertical the heli the more collective you need and vice versa.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I spent a solid hour on the sim trying to do those and failed for the whole hour lol. I gave up and have not tried them since. I will get them one day thought I hope.

Whirlybird

Kudos Tony! Looks like you had a great flying weekend :hdbng:
At least you always landed in one piece :). That is except for the 260 . . . Should have taped the canopy from the start :)

Tony

Staff member
yeah I know. But I had never had an issue with that canopy, and we have thrown that plane around quite a lot. Now that I know it's going to fly off with "snap" moves, I will tape it from now on. Same with my Edge that I have also had a canopy come off on. Maiden flight, got it on video lol.

murankar

Staff member
Nice flying, finally got inverted congrats. I flew at lunch for 1 battery. A korean almost had an up close and personal encounter with my heli. I stopped him in time. He asked me to go inverted and i said not today big guy, I'm broke this week unless you want to pay for the parts.

keep working at it.

Tony

Staff member
Oh I have had this thing inverted many times. I would have had it more in this video if it wasn't for the wind.

Top Bottom