Micro Blade mSR X - Motor Issues

Peter Neal

Hi Guys,

I am wanting to hear if any Blade mSR X owners have had problems with the main motor. I have probably done some 20 flights with my mSR X and now the motor heating up to tempeartures that make it too hot to hold with your fingers.

The motor cooks within 30 seconds, looses all power and the heli drops. I dont believe it is a battery issue as the voltage is usually registering over 3.9V.

Is there anything else I should be checking before I order a replacement?

I am really disappointed as my initial impressions were this was a great little heli. Some other internet posts seem to sugget that the motor is the weak point of the mSr X and people have replaced them up to five times!

Cheers

Pete

Tony

Staff member
Check your main shaft bearings and make sure they are free. The easiest way to do this is pop off the main gear, and spin the head. It should spin very free. If that is the case, then it's time to make a trip to your local hobby store and pick one up. But yes, they do go out pretty often, more so than they should.

Peter Neal

Thanks Tony, yep it's defiently the motor. There also is a suggestion that there is an issue with the program board for this this heli which is causing the motor to burn out quicker than it should. Forums seem to indicate that a V2 board is soon to be release.

Peter Neal

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to close out my original post and confirm that it was the motor causing all the problems. Everything now working as it should with a spare motor in the hobby tool box.

Many thanks for your help

Pete

Tony

Staff member
Well, I'm really glad that it's not the board. Motors are kinda cheap, a lot cheaper than a board, that's for sure. lol.

Microbus

Is it okay to pop in a fresh battery and fly again immediately after draining a battery or should I let my heli cool between flights? I've got several batteries for my mSR X and I want to keep flying, but I don't want to needlessly abuse my motors.

Peter Neal

My experience is that the mSR-X motor seems to be the weakest component for this little heli. My first motor burnt out after 5 flights, but the replacement has been good for some 50 flights so far. I have not waited for the motor to cool between battery change overs and tend to run around 6 consecutive flights at a time. Between battery changes, I do a quick finger touch of the motor to make sure that it is not cooking - it will get warm but you should be able to touch it.

I would arm yourself with a spare motor or two - they are pretty cheap, so shop around and check on eBay.

Hope this helps

murankar

Staff member
I run consecutive flights on my 120sr when I do fly it. The only thing that needs to rest is the battery before recharge. Wait till the battery is cool before charging.

Top Bottom