General Blade question

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
This question is about the blades I'm using on my Gaui X3L. Maybe different with bigger or smaller helis. My question is that I'm using Rotor Tech 362mm blades and I'm going to switch them out with 386mm blades. I do have the conversion kit to extend the blades but will the bigger blades increase or decrease the RPM on my motor? I like running low RPM but I don't want to be too low. Is this something I have to figure out by flying? I hope this make sense :thinking:

Geena

Staff member
This question is about the blades I'm using on my Gaui X3L. Maybe different with bigger or smaller helis. My question is that I'm using Rotor Tech 362mm blades and I'm going to switch them out with 386mm blades. I do have the conversion kit to extend the blades but will the bigger blades increase or decrease the RPM on my motor? I like running low RPM but I don't want to be too low. Is this something I have to figure out by flying? I hope this make sense :thinking:
If you have an X3L, you don`t need a conversion kit to run the larger blades. The X3L will take 385mm blades right out of the box. 1 more mm by putting 386mm blades on it won`t make any difference. Like Tony said too, 2CM is not going to make any difference if you`re using a governor.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I started with the X3 and then I purchased the conversion kit. First time using a bigger blade. I was using KBDD blades for the extra floatiness feeling lol. Thanks, Geena and Tony. Video to come.

Top Bottom