250 Blades

Johnny 007

Hey peeps just wondering if I change my main blades on my helli wich are sort of nylon plastic ones wich measure say 250 mm an change the with carbon fibre blades that measure Nearly 300 mm will this work better for the helli or not....

Geena

Staff member
It`s going to give you more disc area, and feel more floaty, but it`s probably not a good idea to fly it with blades that are nearly 50mm longer than the recommended blades. You`re running the risk of a boom strike, or having the main blade and tail blades making contact. If you want to try carbon fiber blades, you should really stick with the length that are specified for your helicopter. 5-10mm longer is doable, but 50mm longer is asking for trouble.

Johnny 007

It`s going to give you more disc area, and feel more floaty, but it`s probably not a good idea to fly it with blades that are nearly 50mm longer than the recommended blades. You`re running the risk of a boom strike, or having the main blade and tail blades making contact. If you want to try carbon fiber blades, you should really stick with the length that are specified for your helicopter. 5-10mm longer is doable, but 50mm longer is asking for trouble.
Sweet as thank u only cause I had the blades laying around doin nothing so I thought I'd ask the question ;)

Top Bottom