General Broken motor shaft---fix????

Loopy

Hello again,

After many successful flights, the ground finally dove up and smacked my new HZ Carbon Cub in the nose, resulting in a sheared off motor shaft flush with the motor. Any suggestions re: repairing the unit? Motor still runs O K. Of course there was other repairable damage. I hate to have to buy a replacement motor.

Thanks for you thoughts!!!:help:

RandyDSok

Maybe ... but I'm not so sure either.... I'd call Horizon Hobby before ordering.

I believe the Park 480's ( there are two, one wound to 910Kv and one 1020Kv ) and the 480 Brushless Outrunner 960Kv are different... I think you'd need the second one that Admiral posted a link to and not the one for the Park motors. In addition, these will press fit in, so you'll also have to have a press to remove or at least replace it.

Admiral

Not positive those shafts are right, the motor supplied with the HZ Carbon Cub is Part number "E-flite EFLM480BL"which is 960 KV (This number supercedes the part number for the PKZ4416)

Hope this helps.

Loopy

Thanks to both of you!!! I ordered both, but I think it's most likely the efl4418. I already have the old shaft pressed most of the way out by using my eveready press, that most people call by the name of Ball Peen and Punch. This SITE really is RC HELP. I'll keep you posted on my results.

Top Bottom