General Can a AR7300BX be Used to Replace a AR7200BX

NordCelt

I'm looking for a suitable replacement for my AR7200BX. Seems they don't make them any more but I could order the 7200 if necessary. Want to consider options though. Other options like a BeastX system or others will be considered too.

Lee

They just reduced the price of The Ikon. $179
I'd get that, its a fantastic unit. All my helis have them.

NordCelt

Thanks, do you know if there is any components they sell or that can be added to allow a panic button to be set to reestablish orientation if I get in a situation where I can't be sure which way it's pointed and I lose control.

- - - Updated - - -

I checked them out and seems it comes with the features I want. Ordered on line for $99. Nice saving over the 7200 plus the added feature I want.

Tony

Staff member
There is no reason to get rid of your AR7200BX. The 7300 is ONLY better in the sense that it will handle high voltage. I still run the 7200 and don't plan on stopping.

NordCelt

I got the micro ikon to try out on my 180 CFX. I'm putting new servo's into the 300 CFX today then will update firmware in the 7200. If I have any more problems with the 300 or if I just really like the ikon in my 180 I'll install the larger ikon in my 300 later. I see the link to amain at the top. I get a lot of my stuff from them.

Tony

Staff member
There is no reason to update the 7200. The only thing the update gives you is the nitro governor feature. If you are going to be putting it on a nitro heli, then yup, I would update. Otherwise, I would leave it as is.

Top Bottom