Can you charge your TX(DX6i) while using the Phoenix Simulator?

Okay, I couldn't find this by searching through this forum or in the Phoenix V5 owner's manual. I decided to try here first, as Horizon Hobby's help line/website is not very "user friendly" or easily accessible!

Anybody have the "scoop"?
Thank you for your time to read my post!

All the best,

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Tony

Staff member
On my DX8, I keep it plugged in when I"m on the sim. I would check the voltage on the 6i and see where it is, plug the charger in and play on teh sim for an hour. If your voltage goes down, it's not charging, if it goes up, it's charging. If it's staying the same it's charging as well. Even a slight drop off is still charging.

Thanks, Tony...that sounds like a plan! I thought it would be okay because nowhere I looked said you couldn't. The fact that you do it, is good enough for me!

Many thanks and kudos for the super fast response! You ARE the man...

All my best,
Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Tony

Staff member
Oh just cause I do it, doesn't mean that everyone should do it lmao. But, I have not seen any issues with the battery getting hot or anything.

I understand that, but you're still the man! And I'm not blowing smoke up your lmao...

Look, I was reading through the "Chargers Forum" (because I'm interested in a real charger) and the knowledge you (and others) had about amps, mahs, watts, volts, cells, etc. blew me away!
I figured you would keep me from frying my DX, that's all...

All the best,
Terry
"HeliBaby1527"

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, over the years, ohms law has become pretty much second nature. When I"m not doing the calculations all the time, I forget them. But then I will look them up and it all comes right back.

If you are looking for a good charger, get the iCharger. Depending on how many cells you are going to charge and how fast will depend on what charger you get. I have the 306b and love it. Would like the duo, but can't afford it. And the PSU's are really cheap if you can do some simple mods to them. Oh, and solder on bullet connectors.

And I hope you are not blowing smoke at me, I just quit smoking lmao. I vape lmao.

You Vape! No way! Me Too! I quit 1-17-14 thanks to "Green Smoke"! They are so awesome...Both wife and I doing it, but she still sneaks a few! None for me for 6 months...that's a miracle!

Way to go! :party:

All my best,
Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA
PS. I think I'm going for the Sky Charger B6AC that you recommended in a video...if I can find one in stock somewhere!!!! Very popular...

Tony

Staff member
You damn right. I quit 3-29-14! I can't do those cigarette looking things. I started on an eGo style battery with a clearomizer tank hitting some 18mg Cinnamon Red Hot flavor. Now, I'm down to 3mg Mint Chocolate Chip in a sub-ohm dripper. Trying to get my website going. www.tonysvapes.com so that I can help others out the way I was helped out when I quit. All about the giving back.

And yes, the skycharger is a good charger, but it has a 50w limit. That is why I didn't like it in the end. Now, I'm running a 1000w charger lol. And I still need more if I get into a 600 size helicopter lol.

wolfman76

oh ok that is why you can plug it in while on sim i think not sure if you can do that while on the sim with the dx8 with a lipo i have the lipo but in all honesty never have to charge it very often the lipo's charge lasts forever i have heard you can use the tx all the time and still not have to charge it for a month or longer..... but if i remember right when i had my dx6i i use to put it on charge while on the sim

Thanks, Wolfman...for your input! I'm going to "charge(dx6i) and sim(phoenix) based on what's been posted...:thankyou:

All the best,
Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

Top Bottom