cant get my heli to spin up!?

I just received and hooked up rf-7 with my dx6i. everything seems to work, i can fly planes and helis do everything but spin up. granted i am using my dx6i 450 serttings to fly the sims 500 but it should still spin up right? ive tried diffetrrent settings but the helis just wont spin help!

Tony

Staff member
Go into your mapping on the controller in the sim and make sure everything is working as it should. On RF, I use the controller that it comes with. So I'm not 100% sure on this one. However, I know when I had to do the passthrough, I had to go in and make some changes to the controller.

Well i got it to fire up but nothing is right, aileron wont center, throttle hold doesnt work, throttle is always on about 20%, etc etc. Does ANYONE have a DX6I RF7 heli file I could download and look at? Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
You need to go into the flight mode menu and enable throttle hold on teh Tx. You must also go into the sim and calibrate the Tx to the sim. Again, make sure you are on 90º swash 1 servo and all of your trims and subtrim are centered or 0.

Thanks, Tony, I did have the wrong awash. Actually it's the right awash but not with this sim!? Strange.. Well that helped but far from ready. I called tech support and they told me to reverse the mapping for channel 7 (on my SIX channel tx) and BINGO my blades spin. :). Well doing this and that I can now fly a heli very realistically but I still can't make any of my switches work including throttle hold. Found a rf7 forum so will find more there as well. Hope to be flying on the web soon. Lol n

Top Bottom