Batteries Charging LiPo HV

bigone5500

I'm thinking that in order to charge a LiHV I need to increase this to 4.35. Would that be correct?

Attachments

• 20211002_111359.jpg
    20211002_111359.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 2

RandyDSok

I see nothing in the manual for your charger to suggest that it is made to support charging LiHV batteries... it is made for LiPo's ( and some others, but I'm talking about lithium type batteries as used in the hobby ).

"The LiHV charging mode is only compatible with lithium batteries with a nominal voltage of 3.8V/cell. Charging “standard” lithium batteries (LiPo) with a nominal voltage of 3.7V/cell in LiHV mode will over charge the battery, resulting in damage to the battery, fire, or explosion."

So the reverse is going to be true for attempting to charge a LiHV with a LiPo rated charger... you may be able to up the voltage to 4.3v ( as per the manual ) but it isn't changing the batteries nominal voltage setting. You wouldn't over charge the LiHV but you also wouldn't reach it's capability using a charger that isn't made for that purpose.

Other considerations would be the equipment you are planning on using them on... they also would need to be LiHV rated for them to operate properly without burning them up before their time. You may be able to get away without burning them up right away, but you'd still be using them out of spec and likely decreasing their lifespan.

If you want to start using LiHV... you will need a charger, ESC's and motors ( not to mention servos, receivers and other possible components ) that are also rated to use those types of batteries.

Top Bottom