Wanted: Cheapo Charger

callsign4223

Staff member
My charger got toasted this weekend by a lightning storm. Does anyone who upgraded to a nicer charger have one of those 50w ac chargers, similar to the thunder ac6, laying around they want to sell cheap. I am going to upgrade to a nice charger within the month so I don't wanna spend $50 to replace this with another cheapy when I could save that and put it towards my nice charger in such a short time frame.

Tony

Staff member
Did the power supply die, or was it the board in the charger? If it was just the power supply, you can just use your car to charge your batteries.

callsign4223

Staff member
I think it's the board. It charges for a couple minutes then random characters start showing up on the screen. It may still be charging, but I don't trust it to not kill a battery.

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I have a good DC charger I would sell you ... I used it once until I got my AC6. I don't have any of the specs here at work, but we could work something out if you like. Let me know if you're interested. Send me an email at: paulster2@verizon.net

EDIT: I'd also take trade in Trex 450 compatible parts if you are so inclined.

Last edited:

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
I think it's the board. It charges for a couple minutes then random characters start showing up on the screen. It may still be charging, but I don't trust it to not kill a battery.

thats funny, my AC6 has language mal-functions, I learn more languages that way...lol. I have a few chargers around, not sure if there any use, but i could get specifics on them if wanted.

callsign4223

Staff member
Thanks for the offers guys, I decided to bite the bullet and just get a icharger 206 this paycheck instead of waiting.

Top Bottom