General Chinese Christmas in February

sarconastic

It is my last day of convalescence from work and the postman arrived at my door. Bearing gifts from China. My V912 BNF, 5x 200Mah Batteries for my v911, and the aluminum upgrade hit for the v911. Happy Days LOL. I am so stoked to fly this V912, I knew it was bigger than a v911 but didn't realize how much bigger, especially for $38. Right now its 9 deg outside so i might have to give the National guard armory a visit lol. Still waiting on an upgraded battery for the v912 and a couple of other items.

20140210_102100.jpg20140210_102204.jpg20140210_102340.jpg

Later

Woody

20140210_102100.jpg

20140210_102204.jpg

20140210_102340.jpg

Stambo

I have found the 200mah batteries for the v911 a little heavy for it.
I only use the 150mah as a good balance between flight time and weight.

Be interested to hear what you think of the V912.
Wonder if it is as robust as the V911.
Does it bind to the V911 tx?
If it does my 9x module in the Taranis will be fine too.
I am looking for something a little bigger for my young son to throw around.

Graham Lawrie

Not bad price:) Now lets see her fly:)

One thing I spotted is the flybar is metal. When I had my Volitation that was one of the first things I changed as you could get a strike on the main rotor very easily.

Last edited:

sarconastic

Not sure on the balance weight of the batteries yet but my v911 could use some forward momentum. Yes it bind right up to the v911 trans. no prob. works with my FS-t6 but will not hole a bind, have to do it everytime you switch the heli off.

Woody

- - - Updated - - -

Can't fly today too cold for me and the V912 outside. Plastic breaks way too easy at 7 Deg F and Fingers and Toes get too damn cold too. . The build quality of the v912 is impressive to me compared to the V911. All metal frame, metal skids heavy metal Flybar. The gears on the Main rotor and the Gear drive assy on the tail rotor are kinda noisy. Put a couple of drops of Trinity Rev tech Drops on it and it quiet right down. It does have a bit of a vibration when the rotors are turning. maybe needs some fin tuning to balance things out. The one thing I absolutely do no like is the way the canopy attaches. the sides are fine, press on studs like normal. but the bottom uses a long narrow slot with two tabs at each end. and you basically have to use a flat screwdriver to remove it from the tabs. I can see this as a major fail point on the canopy. If it does I will be add a different connector of sorts.

One thing to note is go over one with a screwdriver first. I noticed right away the tail rotor guard flopping around and found about half a dozen other screws loose from either shipping or just not tightened right. Also found one stripped out and repaired that. Other than that she looks and runs great. Just need decent weather to fly her. Or maybe in the warehouse at work tomorrow....hmmmm.

Woody

Top Bottom