500 Cyclic shaking - 3GX V5.0

Cooldisel

hey there
i totally new to FBL (Trex 500 DFC)
i followed up Mr.Tony's video on youtube to setup the DIR/Gov/Gyro/Flight Modes

i did stone age pitch measurement using the old pitch guage and line on the wall
so i did the 0 degree on mid stick and leveled the swash plate using the zip tie method
but i got like 13+ and 13- on up and down

and i took it today to test flight it and on take off it tilts to the right and it shakes on the cyclic
here is the video for today

and a small quick question on the pitch curve there is an option for expo so i made it active is that needed or not?

Attachments

• photo_2020-12-14_10-07-31.jpg
    photo_2020-12-14_10-07-31.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 0

Cooldisel

I was reading the manual and I guess I will try to dial down the gain on the 3gx
And I will try it tomorrow in the morning

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Welcome Cooldisel. Question here; is that a new heli or did you buy that heli already put together? That's more then a cyclic shake. Looks more like something is bent. Like the main shaft and or head shaft. Even the blades might be un balance. Before trying to fly that bird again, I would go through it and find out what's making it shake that bad. Maybe the cyclic is off...but not that much.

Geena

Staff member
Doesn`t look like a bent shaft to me. If the main shaft was bent, it would start shaking before it left the ground. Looks to me, like the head gain is too high.

Cooldisel

Welcome Cooldisel. Question here; is that a new heli or did you buy that heli already put together? That's more then a cyclic shake. Looks more like something is bent. Like the main shaft and or head shaft. Even the blades might be un balance. Before trying to fly that bird again, I would go through it and find out what's making it shake that bad. Maybe the cyclic is off...but not that much.
Hi and thanx
It's new I put it together and the main shafts I ordered them as it was a discount kit with some missing parts

Doesn`t look like a bent shaft to me. If the main shaft was bent, it would start shaking before it left the ground. Looks to me, like the head gain is too high.
Thanx alot geena

Cooldisel

good day guys :hdbng:
i did some tweking on the gain dials and its better but still not as steady as i wanted
so i will keep tweeking :goodevil:

if any advise on tweeking i would appreciate it :)

Cooldisel

First thank you guys for putting me in the right direction

It's the gain on aileron and elevator
Once you access the setting menu on 3gx by doing the following
1- turn on the 3gx and wait for it to initialise
2- hold the rudder to left or right and press the set button on the 3gx till the status light change
3- the status light will flash based on which menu u are in so u need to be menu number 4 by clicking 4 times on the set menu

Then on that menu it had the setting for both aileron and elevator
So by moving the aileron u either increase or decrease the gain
And by moving the elevator the same will happen

My issue was that I was only adjusting one of them as I was thinking its one setting for both
So it was a mess

Top Bottom