General Dazed and confused

heli_aviator

I need some help... I purchased a TREX 250 PRO Super Combo (with fly bar). It came with an ALIGN GP790 gyro. and 4 servos (3 ALIGN DS410 and 1 ALIGN DS420). The DS420 servo is for the tail rotor and it's suppose to be located just under the where the tail boom enters the airframe. (not on the boom). I know this servo goes into the gyro and the gyro is plugged in the rudder slot. with the gain lead going into the gear slot (rx does not have an Aux 2).

I also purchased a Spectrum AR600 6 channel receiver. with the following slots: AUX1, GEAR, RUDD, ELEV, AILE,THRO and BIND/DATA.
This is my first attemp at building a helicopter and I need help. I know where the servos go on the airframe, but I don't know the name of each servo that connects to the 3 points on the swash plate. . there are 2 servos stacked in front of main rotor shaft on the airframe. One on the left (lower) and one on the right (upper). A third servo is located just aft of the main rotor shaft on the left. The assembly manual does not point out the name of each servo . It does however, indicate where each servo goes in the RX. Can someone tell me the name of the left, right and aft connecting points on the swashplate (ie evlevator/pitch, aileron, etc.)?

Thank you
heli_avaitor... aka Mel
Long Beach, CA

Tony

Staff member
Hey Mel, this is a confusing topic to most all of the newer pilots out there. When I got started I didn't think I would ever remember what everything was. But, it will get easier as time goes on.

With the tail facing you and the heli facing away, front right is Aileron, front left is Pitch (aux1) and rear (aft) is Elevator. Make sure to go into your swash settings and select 3 servo 120º.

heli_aviator

Thanks Tony, I knee you would be the one to come through for me. It's what I needed. Btw I build the C-17 fir Boeing in Long Beach CA.

heli_aviator

Hi Tony... I have one more question. How is the yellow gain wire on the GP790 gyro orinanted in the reciever? Does the yellow gain wire lined up with the signal pin or the minus (-) pin?

heli_aviator

Once again, thank you. I'm just about done with the build-up and should be ready to set all the settings up as well as the rotor blade pitch soon.

Top Bottom