Down load problem

treff

I am trying to install pretuned helis from heli nation but the kex software does not
see the down loads. I must be missing something. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks. Cheers

murankar

Staff member
Ok once the file is loaded you will need to move the file to the real flight folder under your home folder. Now move the file to " My Documents, RealFlight7, Vehicles, CustomVehicles" folder. If the file is zipped/compressed the unzip/uncompress it there.

Now in real flight 7 go to Simulation, import, kex or realflight archive (rfx, g3x).

Now close that out and move the mouse to the left of the screen and select your new vehicle. Once you select it, it will load into realflight.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

Thanks murankar. I have tried Realflight for a couple of days and because of our old laptop computer and slow internet connection I have realised it is not for me.
I will go back to our Mac and other sim. Thanks for your help.

murankar

Staff member
That's a shame. Its a great SIM. Maybe in the near future.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
Internet shouldn't have any bearing on the sim being slow. It will be more your GPU than anything. And lappy's are not good for sims like this. You need at least an i3, if not an i5. I"m running an i7 960 with a 560Ti GPU and everything runs perfect. Just for reference, my internet is only 3up/3dn.

treff

Cheers Tony. Yes we run i5 Mac and it runs very fast. Problem is I can't use it for the sim. It is for photography only I'm afraid. I thought our old dell laptop may do the trick but
it is useless I'm afraid. I will have to stick to Mac only sims which are very good. I will put RF on E-bay so not much lost. Thanks again.

Top Bottom