General Drag Racing / No-Prep Racers?

mudbogger

Well I finally took the plunge and bought into the rc car side of the hobby. After doing some research, finding some parts that should work together (just basics - no electronics yet), and considering many different options…I ordered a Team Associated DR10M kit. 1/10 scale drag car. I’m looking forward to working on it, although, I still have 2 airplanes to finish first…

With that said, I’m curious if anyone here has gotten into rc drag racing or race car building? If so, what tips do you have for painting car bodies? Also - what size servo would you recommend for steering (oz / in)? Thank you!

Tony

Staff member
I have not gotten into this side of the hobby even though I started out in the cars/trucks. However I have wanted to get into it and am still interested in it. Just nowhere that I know of that races around here. Very interested on who is in this part of the hobby.

mudbogger

That’s awesome Tony!!! I’ve been flying for years off and on, but this year wanted to try something new. After doing some digging, the more I read about it the more interested I am. The technology nowadays is quite impressive. Granted, I have a lot to learn…I’m hoping to be able to run the car with my airplane transmitter & do a build log here when the time comes.

As far as places to race go, you might want to check around on Facebook. There’s different pages and groups of racers from all over. And for “no-prep” specs / rules, those are posted on the horizon hobby website. I’m not sure though if they were updated for 2023.

Top Bottom