Spektrum DX6i how-to vids

BCJ

I'm relatively new to the hobby. . . been watching Tony's DX6i vids on YouTube but the ones I've found are oriented toward setting up for helicopters. Is there another series that's specifically for planes?

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately I have not done any setup videos for the DX6i and planes. When I had that Tx, I never was interested in planes. That came later after I sold my DX6i and purchased my DX8, but I don't think I ever did any real setup videos for planes other than on the MXS.

Billwoodward

Unfortunately I have not done any setup videos for the DX6i and planes. When I had that Tx, I never was interested in planes. That came later after I sold my DX6i and purchased my DX8, but I don't think I ever did any real setup videos for planes other than on the MXS.
Hi Tony, new guy here, just registered. All airplanes. I tried a T-rex 450 back in 2004 but my brain is one way after years of airplanes. Helo turns sideways, brain goes blank! Anyway, I got a DX6i from a friend and I’m learning the programming. I followed a YT video on centering the sticks by pulling the rudder and aileron trims to center and turning the radio on. Nothing happens on the screen? It’s blank? Could this unit be an older generation that has a different procedure? Thanks for the add, bill

Tony

Staff member
If your screen is not coming on, make sure it is getting power. With the batteries, it is very common to get corrosion on the terminals. I have a video on taking the Tx apart if you need it to inspect the wires if the terminals are clean and have voltage all the way across.

And if you can, please create your own thread that way we can keep everything separate and easy to find for the next person. For example, if you wanted to find it two years from now, you could search your name and select created threads and it would pop up. Just a little FYI :biggrin1:

Billwoodward

If your screen is not coming on, make sure it is getting power. With the batteries, it is very common to get corrosion on the terminals. I have a video on taking the Tx apart if you need it to inspect the wires if the terminals are clean and have voltage all the way across.

And if you can, please create your own thread that way we can keep everything separate and easy to find for the next person. For example, if you wanted to find it two years from now, you could search your name and select created threads and it would pop up. Just a little FYI :biggrin1:
Thanks Tony, I’ll do that! I really appreciate your help!

Top Bottom