Dx8 How-to Pt 4, Basic Helicopter Setup

Tony

Staff member
Tony submitted a new Article:

Dx8 How-to Pt 4, Basic Helicopter Setup

When you get your new DX8, you will want to setup a model in it. If you are flying helicopters, this is the video for you.

In this video we are in the System Setup menu and we go through all of the screens to set the basics up for a CCPM helicopter. From name and type, to switch select and trim steps. Have a watch and let me know what you think.

[video=youtube_share;pAaxzlQvWmw]

Read more about this article here...

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok Tony!!! You have the basic set up. NOW WHERE IS THE REST!!! Details is what I need!!! Now I have to look at you tube to see if there is anything on it for setting up DX8 on helis!!!! LOL

Tony

Staff member
Unfortunately this video is the farthest I have gotten so far on helicopters. I have plans on doing more with the RCH Heli and the DX8, but that is still a ways down the road.

BOKI

You do a nice job on your videos & the site so just enjoy the site & relax & when you get time do them! You are a very busy man! The Best :lol:

Tony

Staff member
To keep a good site, I can't relax. There is always something to do, change, add or remove. That is what keeps the forum fun.

Derek

Ok...this was a good one! Very nice, Tony! I'll be setting up my 500 on my DX8 pretty soon ( I hope).

Tony

Staff member
Yeah I have meant to do more, but don't have a heli to do it with. Need to just find a little 450 or 500 that WORKS and get the rest of the videos done.

Derek

Hey buddy! I'm probably gonna have to call you tomorrow and see if you can help me setup my gyro on the "right trim" switch, like you mentioned.

Tony

Staff member
Not a problem. On the nitro, I have the gyro setup on teh LT switch and the throttle kill on the RT switch. I will have to look at my Tx to figure out how I did it though. It's been a while lmao.

Derek

Yeah! That would be great if you could take a look at that for me. Having easy access to the gyro adjustment, like that, would be so much nicer.

Bill Fleming

Hi Tony: You have helped me recently on HeliFreak with a Skookum issue. I'm still searching for a solution I am having with the switch assignments on my DX8. I can't grasp the concept of how the switches can be used. I can setup two Skookum banks to give me four GPS options. However, I also wish to have the ability to switch SL on and off. When I try to add this function, I don't understand how to setup the switch options I need. The DX8 manual doesn't explain it. You touch on it here, but it needs to be a subject all it's own.

Please help!

Thanks, Bill Fleming

Bill Fleming

Hi Tony: You have helped me recently on HeliFreak with a Skookum issue. I'm still searching for a solution I am having with the switch assignments on my DX8. I can't grasp the concept of how the switches can be used. I can setup two Skookum banks to give me four GPS options. However, I also wish to have the ability to switch SL on and off. When I try to add this function, I don't understand how to setup the switch options I need. The DX8 manual doesn't explain it. You touch on it here, but it needs to be a subject all it's own.

Please help!

Thanks, Bill Fleming

- - - Updated - - -

I have gone back to Pt. 4 and made notes regarding Switch Selection. Most options aren't selectable. I have reset a clear model slot. Then went to Switch Select and all switches are inh except;
Gyro is on gear, but only inh can be selected
Gov is on aux 2, but only inh can be selected
Knob is on aux 3, but only inh, Thro and Pitch can be selected.
L& R trims trims are on inh, but Gyro, thro, pitch, Gov can be selected.

Does this sound correct to you?

BTW, my display has gone dim, but my battery shows 8.2 volts. I think I'm snake bit!

Bill Fleming

I have a DX9 and I'm not sure what you're setting up, I think a drone maybe but to assign a switch all you need to do is go to where it says Inh, click on it so it's flashing and flip the desired switch. It should then change from Inh to the switch you toggled.

Bill Fleming

I have a DX9 and I'm not sure what you're setting up, I think a drone maybe but to assign a switch all you need to do is go to where it says Inh, click on it so it's flashing and flip the desired switch. It should then change from Inh to the switch you toggled.

Sounds great, but not the way it's done on a DX8. Wish it was.

ill

Tony

Staff member
Please link me to where I helped you on HF, because I don't get on HF... LInks please.

Top Bottom