DX9 setup with Phoenix simulator

bbj

I just upgraded to the new DX9 transmitter and wanted to get back to practicing on the sim but had problems at first. Found out that first off there is not a DX9 available on the pull down menus for tx. Thus I needed to create a custom which I named DX9. I then discovered that I needed to create in my DX9 a model called Phoenix with no changes to any swash or settings used to fine tune setup a RC heli. I make sure this is the model that would come on when my tx is turned on. Once this was done I then did all the needed calibration in the Phoenix software for this tx which I had custom made in the transmitter area of the Phoenix. This will begin once I plug in my cable from the computer to the DX9 and it turns on. Now the sticks work correctly for throttle, rudder, pitch and aileron. Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Right on and thank you for posting this. One of the many things i have planned just red to find the time to do it. Thanks again.

bbj

I did some more fine tuning on my dx9. I now have changed my D/R and expo to 100% dual rate and expo is currently at 20%. I may change that 20 as I learn more. I also changed my throttle in N to 0-40-70-85-100, 1 to 100-95-90-95-100 and 2 to 85-85-85-85-85 throttle hold is all at 0. It seems to work nicely so far but may tweek the settings more as I continue to learn how to fly better but its working nicely so far. I just switch my control switch to 1 or 2 once I am in the air and I can perform hovers and fly with no issues.

Top Bottom