Trucks E Maxx Brushless 3908 Transmission rebuild

EVANS

Hey guys, I was wondering if someone could help me out and point me in the right direction. Im looking for a video on how to rebuild an Emaxx brushless 3908 transmission. Ive looked on youtube and googled but hav'nt came up with anything.
Thanks... John...

Tony

Staff member
Are you just wanting to rebuild it to rebuild it, or is there something that it's not doing? IMO, I would not mess with the transmission unless there is something wrong with it. There are a lot of small parts in there that can easily be misplaced or put in the wrong spot.

EVANS

How's it going Tony, thanks for responding. No, it's running fine, Ive had it about 4 months and been doing some aluminum upgrades to it. I don't race it or anything just play around in a parking lot by the house. I just want to to learn more about the transmission and if I ever wanted to upgrade some of the gears in there and things like that. I was thinking about buying just a tranny off of ebay and taking it apart to actually see how it works and be able to work on and fix any problems that might ever have. I just wish I could find a video that I could watch and learn from. I was looking at the diagram on the Traxxas web site and noticed there's quit a bit of stuff in there. Would you know if someone you know has a video of that transmission or could make one?
Thanks, John...

Tony

Staff member
I don't know anyone that has one, other than Adam who purchased the truck you see in my videos.

You are right, here are a LOT of parts in there. It's easy to get them mixed up. Really, I would take the trans apart and inspect the gears, if it's good, ptu it back together. The idea of getting a second one to play with is a great one. That way, not only will you have a backup, but you can play with it without trashing the one you have.

And as far as I know, the only real thing you can do to the trans is a reverse delete. However, it's been a few years since I looked so they may have metal gears for the trans now.

Top Bottom